My husband, myself & our 5 year old boy will be spending Thanksgiving week in Vienna (11/20/16 - 11/27/16). We chose it because we got amazing airfare, my husband & I have always wanted to visit Vienna & we LOVE Christmas markets. We enjoyed the German markets in 2010 before our little one was born.
We will have 6 full days (not counting arrival or departure day) and I would love your suggestions for things to do for a busy 5 year old.
Even though it seems it will be quite cold, I read the zoo is still a good option. Is that correct? I also read there are only a few hours of daylight during this time.
So far it seems like the zoo, Natural Museum of History, & the Prater Christmas market (on top of all of the other markets) will be good. Any other suggestions? Nice parks in the city center for getting out energy? Ice skating rinks? Any children's museums or play places?
We will use public transportation or taxis for all travel.
Also, we'd like to stay in a hotel with a family suite. Any recommendations? Our budget is about $2500 for 7 nights (2200 euro).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 2 help with Italy itinerary
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 6 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 10 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 11 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 12 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 13 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 16 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 18 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 20 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 21 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 22 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 23 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 24 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 25 Capri in July
11/20/16 - 11/27/16 in Vienna with 5 year old - suggestions?