My husband, myself & our 5 year old boy will be spending Thanksgiving week in Vienna (11/20/16 - 11/27/16). We chose it because we got amazing airfare, my husband & I have always wanted to visit Vienna & we LOVE Christmas markets. We enjoyed the German markets in 2010 before our little one was born.
We will have 6 full days (not counting arrival or departure day) and I would love your suggestions for things to do for a busy 5 year old.
Even though it seems it will be quite cold, I read the zoo is still a good option. Is that correct? I also read there are only a few hours of daylight during this time.
So far it seems like the zoo, Natural Museum of History, & the Prater Christmas market (on top of all of the other markets) will be good. Any other suggestions? Nice parks in the city center for getting out energy? Ice skating rinks? Any children's museums or play places?
We will use public transportation or taxis for all travel.
Also, we'd like to stay in a hotel with a family suite. Any recommendations? Our budget is about $2500 for 7 nights (2200 euro).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 4 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 10 Escargots in Paris
- 11 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 12 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 13 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 17 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 18 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 19 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Vacation in Great Britain
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
11/20/16 - 11/27/16 in Vienna with 5 year old - suggestions?