My wife and I are going to Italy for our 5 year wedding anniversary for 11 days in late May. We have both been to the big three, of Rome, Venice and Florence, on post-college/study abroad trips, although not in 10+ years.
The trip is focused around food, and we have a preference for less-touristy smaller towns/cities. We're expecting to use the trains to get around, but would like to have 2-3 places as home base, with a couple of day trips (and can rent a car as needed).
We're feeling somewhat overwhelmed by the many choices. We're flying into and out of Milan, and are planning to stay in Northern (and possibly Central) Italy. We're thinking of the following:
Bologna / Emilia Romagna
Cinque Terre (1 day, possibly walking the trail)
This seems like too many places for 11 days. What would people cut? Anything missing? (again, focus on the food On Google Maps, this looks reasonably close together. Will there be a train route that doesn't require too much backtracking?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 썬시티카지노•• ♨━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••♨ 썬시티카지노
- 2 Shopping in Paris
- 3 Best Skin Care Tips>>>> http://buywrinklereduceronline.com/eye-complex-rx/
- 4 London Paris
- 5 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 SOUTH OF FRANCE (PROVENCE)
- 8 14 days in Greece
- 9 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 10 The DCC scam is spreading
- 11 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 12 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 13 is black forest worth itself in october?
- 14 Apps for hiring taxi's, maps, using the metro, translations
- 15 Vienna - Site seeing help
- 16 London dining service charge
- 17 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 18 http://thedropnet.com/megadrox/
- 19 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 20 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 21 Norwegian air
- 22 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 23 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway
- 24 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 25 Uber in Paris: OK now ?