My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip to Italy at the end of June.
We are flying in and out of Rome, and we are planning on spending two days in Rome, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.
We want to train from Rome to Florence, spend a day or two in Florence, then rent a car outside of Florence and drive through Tuscany and eventually make our way down to Naples. We are planning three or four days just to road trip south.
We will spend a day or so in Naples, then we are thinking we are going to ferry to Sicily, and spend three days in Sicily. Then we will fly back to Rome for our last day and night.
This is a very rough itinerary and I am open to advice and suggestions! I want to make sure the logistics make sense and that our plans sound good so far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days outside Rome
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 7 CDG airport and connection time
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Paris Metro
- 10 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 17 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 18 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 19 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 20 getting to CDG
- 21 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 22 Cambrils
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?