My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip to Italy at the end of June.
We are flying in and out of Rome, and we are planning on spending two days in Rome, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.
We want to train from Rome to Florence, spend a day or two in Florence, then rent a car outside of Florence and drive through Tuscany and eventually make our way down to Naples. We are planning three or four days just to road trip south.
We will spend a day or so in Naples, then we are thinking we are going to ferry to Sicily, and spend three days in Sicily. Then we will fly back to Rome for our last day and night.
This is a very rough itinerary and I am open to advice and suggestions! I want to make sure the logistics make sense and that our plans sound good so far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 2 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 3 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 9 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 10 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Sim Card Options
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Day trip ideas
- 20 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 23 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 roaming Prague...but for how long?