My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip to Italy at the end of June.
We are flying in and out of Rome, and we are planning on spending two days in Rome, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.
We want to train from Rome to Florence, spend a day or two in Florence, then rent a car outside of Florence and drive through Tuscany and eventually make our way down to Naples. We are planning three or four days just to road trip south.
We will spend a day or so in Naples, then we are thinking we are going to ferry to Sicily, and spend three days in Sicily. Then we will fly back to Rome for our last day and night.
This is a very rough itinerary and I am open to advice and suggestions! I want to make sure the logistics make sense and that our plans sound good so far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 London Restaurants
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Germany deregistration
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 10 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 11 One day in Lille, France
- 12 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 15 Corsica
- 16 CDG to Marais transfer
- 17 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 18 London best location
- 19 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 20 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Train tickets in Italy?
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...