My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip to Italy at the end of June.
We are flying in and out of Rome, and we are planning on spending two days in Rome, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.
We want to train from Rome to Florence, spend a day or two in Florence, then rent a car outside of Florence and drive through Tuscany and eventually make our way down to Naples. We are planning three or four days just to road trip south.
We will spend a day or so in Naples, then we are thinking we are going to ferry to Sicily, and spend three days in Sicily. Then we will fly back to Rome for our last day and night.
This is a very rough itinerary and I am open to advice and suggestions! I want to make sure the logistics make sense and that our plans sound good so far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/kerave-hair/
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 15 5 Days in Switzerland
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges