My husband and I are planning an 11 day trip to Italy at the end of June.
We are flying in and out of Rome, and we are planning on spending two days in Rome, one at the beginning of our trip and one at the end of our trip.
We want to train from Rome to Florence, spend a day or two in Florence, then rent a car outside of Florence and drive through Tuscany and eventually make our way down to Naples. We are planning three or four days just to road trip south.
We will spend a day or so in Naples, then we are thinking we are going to ferry to Sicily, and spend three days in Sicily. Then we will fly back to Rome for our last day and night.
This is a very rough itinerary and I am open to advice and suggestions! I want to make sure the logistics make sense and that our plans sound good so far.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Which Day?
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 6 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 9 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Europe itinerary help!
- 14 Shorts in South of France?
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 19 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 20 Best Greek Island
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 23 Corsica and Sardinia
- 24 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 25 Regarding Residence Permit