I, sister and parents are planning a 10-12 day holiday in Switzerland and Italy. Below is what I currently have thought of. Please help with suggestions modifications etc. I and the sister are in the early 30s and parents in the late 50s.
5 day Swiss
Interlaken - Lucern - Zurich
6 days Italy
Venice - Florence - Rome
We don't intend on doing much of walking/hiking. More of sight seeing, eating, experiencing the local etc. Is the above decent enough time? In Switzerland, does it make sense to have one base and do day trips or should we split our stay between Zurich and Lucern?
Same with Italy? 2 days each place or better to skip stay in Florence and do day trips from Rome?
We're flexible with number of days, but don't want it to be too long and exhausting to for the parents. With that in mind, should we rent a car in Italy for the day trips, I'm not sure of public buses/trains for day trips to small towns in Tuscany. Also everyone's first time in Switzerland and Italy.
Once we nail down the itinerary, i'll post another thread to get suggestions on things to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 3 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 8 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 11 Travelling with Vueling?
- 12 Night Bus?
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 15 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 20 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 21 seat reservations
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Italy in a week
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?