I, sister and parents are planning a 10-12 day holiday in Switzerland and Italy. Below is what I currently have thought of. Please help with suggestions modifications etc. I and the sister are in the early 30s and parents in the late 50s.
5 day Swiss
Interlaken - Lucern - Zurich
6 days Italy
Venice - Florence - Rome
We don't intend on doing much of walking/hiking. More of sight seeing, eating, experiencing the local etc. Is the above decent enough time? In Switzerland, does it make sense to have one base and do day trips or should we split our stay between Zurich and Lucern?
Same with Italy? 2 days each place or better to skip stay in Florence and do day trips from Rome?
We're flexible with number of days, but don't want it to be too long and exhausting to for the parents. With that in mind, should we rent a car in Italy for the day trips, I'm not sure of public buses/trains for day trips to small towns in Tuscany. Also everyone's first time in Switzerland and Italy.
Once we nail down the itinerary, i'll post another thread to get suggestions on things to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 체리게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 3 체리바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 5 Safety in Rome
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Greek Village
- 11 Crete Holiday
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 One free day in Barcelona
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 base in brussels
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017