I, sister and parents are planning a 10-12 day holiday in Switzerland and Italy. Below is what I currently have thought of. Please help with suggestions modifications etc. I and the sister are in the early 30s and parents in the late 50s.
5 day Swiss
Interlaken - Lucern - Zurich
6 days Italy
Venice - Florence - Rome
We don't intend on doing much of walking/hiking. More of sight seeing, eating, experiencing the local etc. Is the above decent enough time? In Switzerland, does it make sense to have one base and do day trips or should we split our stay between Zurich and Lucern?
Same with Italy? 2 days each place or better to skip stay in Florence and do day trips from Rome?
We're flexible with number of days, but don't want it to be too long and exhausting to for the parents. With that in mind, should we rent a car in Italy for the day trips, I'm not sure of public buses/trains for day trips to small towns in Tuscany. Also everyone's first time in Switzerland and Italy.
Once we nail down the itinerary, i'll post another thread to get suggestions on things to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Places of interest
- 8 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 9 Switzerland in November?
- 10 A Month stay in Southern France
- 11 vienna
- 12 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 13 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 14 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Oxford England Accommodations
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 Croatia transportation question.
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 24 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 25 getting to CDG