After a bit of help deciding an Italian holiday in August. Myself and my partner (both in our 20s) have been looking at loads of different cities but not sure how long to stay etc. I have previous been to Rome so could do 2/3 days there, but I would love to be by the coast for a bit so was think Sorrento?? A big must is to visit Pomepii & herculaneum for a day at least (I studied ancient history at university and have always wanted to go there!)
We are both fairly active. I like the idea of a romantic holiday and a few days 'lounging' by a swimming pool but apart from that we like things to do and see. he is a huge F1 fan, so would love to see some motor sports but I fear that is all up in the North of italy??
Thoughts and suggestions, particularly of hotels would be fantastic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 4 Where in Greece
- 5 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 6 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 7 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 8 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 9 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 10 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 11 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 12 Vatican tour
- 13 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 14 Day in Capri
- 15 alcazar question and seville advice
- 16 TSA Precheck
- 17 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Paris travel help
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 23 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 24 Rome hotel
- 25 Villa in Italy