After a bit of help deciding an Italian holiday in August. Myself and my partner (both in our 20s) have been looking at loads of different cities but not sure how long to stay etc. I have previous been to Rome so could do 2/3 days there, but I would love to be by the coast for a bit so was think Sorrento?? A big must is to visit Pomepii & herculaneum for a day at least (I studied ancient history at university and have always wanted to go there!)
We are both fairly active. I like the idea of a romantic holiday and a few days 'lounging' by a swimming pool but apart from that we like things to do and see. he is a huge F1 fan, so would love to see some motor sports but I fear that is all up in the North of italy??
Thoughts and suggestions, particularly of hotels would be fantastic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thinking about the Fjords
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 4 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 5 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 UK in May and June
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 10 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Globus Iberian Tour
- 15 Spain: train/rental car help
- 16 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 17 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 20 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 21 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Bath/Cotswolds
- 25 Shorts in South of France?