After a bit of help deciding an Italian holiday in August. Myself and my partner (both in our 20s) have been looking at loads of different cities but not sure how long to stay etc. I have previous been to Rome so could do 2/3 days there, but I would love to be by the coast for a bit so was think Sorrento?? A big must is to visit Pomepii & herculaneum for a day at least (I studied ancient history at university and have always wanted to go there!)
We are both fairly active. I like the idea of a romantic holiday and a few days 'lounging' by a swimming pool but apart from that we like things to do and see. he is a huge F1 fan, so would love to see some motor sports but I fear that is all up in the North of italy??
Thoughts and suggestions, particularly of hotels would be fantastic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SKYPE@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 3 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 6 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 9 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 10 Madrird and Seville
- 11 Greece
- 12 Ludwig Castles
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 Lake Como AREA questions
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Help on ancient history route
- 21 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Iceland