After a bit of help deciding an Italian holiday in August. Myself and my partner (both in our 20s) have been looking at loads of different cities but not sure how long to stay etc. I have previous been to Rome so could do 2/3 days there, but I would love to be by the coast for a bit so was think Sorrento?? A big must is to visit Pomepii & herculaneum for a day at least (I studied ancient history at university and have always wanted to go there!)
We are both fairly active. I like the idea of a romantic holiday and a few days 'lounging' by a swimming pool but apart from that we like things to do and see. he is a huge F1 fan, so would love to see some motor sports but I fear that is all up in the North of italy??
Thoughts and suggestions, particularly of hotels would be fantastic
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 4 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Can parking
- 16 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 17 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 18 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 19 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 20 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 23 San Sebastián
- 24 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 25 italy Cinque Terre