After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 2 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 3 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 4 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 5 Naples or Genoa
- 6 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 7 From Genoa to Rome...
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Spain in November
- 10 5 nights in Andalusia
- 11 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 12 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 13 Itinerary help please!
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 16 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 17 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 18 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 19 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 20 How big backpack do I need?
- 21 Holiday Itinerary
- 22 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 23 AVE train tickets questions.
- 24 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 25 One week travelling from Spain to Paris