After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 2 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 3 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 4 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 5 Munich, Germany
- 6 3 nights in Tuscany
- 7 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 8 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 9 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 10 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 11 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 12 Amalfi or Positano
- 13 River Boat Cruise
- 14 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 Hostel Advice
- 16 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 17 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 18 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 19 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 20 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 21 Cordoba or Granada?
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 24 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 25 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?