After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 2 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 3 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 4 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 5 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 6 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 7 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 8 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 9 Help with Lucerne in April
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 12 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 13 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 14 Dublin to Cashel
- 15 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 16 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 17 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 18 Athens and which islands?
- 19 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 20 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 21 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 22 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 23 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 24 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 25 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?