After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain. malaga to granada
- 2 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 3 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 4 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 5 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 6 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 7 scotland trave;
- 8 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 9 Trip to Italy
- 10 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 11 London Food Tour
- 12 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 13 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 14 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 15 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 16 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 17 Freising or Erding?
- 18 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 19 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 20 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 21 Schladming, Austria
- 22 Family trip to France with kids
- 23 Where to stay in London
- 24 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 25 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin