After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 2 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 3 Vacation Pictures
- 4 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 5 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 6 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 7 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 8 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 9 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 10 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 11 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 12 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 13 Purse week?
- 14 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 15 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 16 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 17 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 18 Looking for add on city
- 19 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.
- 20 Vatican Museum Tour and Handbags/Backpacks
- 21 PARIS: scarlett - what about the handbags???
- 22 Ladies- Travel Handbags?
- 23 Hand made leather handbags in Venice - Trinny & Susannah recommendation
- 24 Shopping for YSL/ LV Handbags
- 25 New !travel handbags, an update please!