After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 2 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 3 venice to lucca by car
- 4 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 5 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 6 Itenerary Opinion
- 7 10 Days trip to Europe
- 8 Northern Spain
- 9 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 10 London-Paris solo trip
- 11 Healthy eating in Rome
- 12 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 13 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 14 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 15 Shoppingin Spain
- 16 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 17 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 18 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 19 Where to stay around Munich
- 20 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 21 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 22 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 23 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 24 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 25 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)