After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of France
- 2 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 3 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 4 Car hire location price differences
- 5 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 6 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 7 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 8 Making reservations in Italy
- 9 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 10 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 11 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 12 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 13 Paris ComboPass Premium and Hotel location
- 14 Vienna and side trips
- 15 18 Days in Turkey
- 16 small group tours of turkey and greece
- 17 Early May...Lisbon to Barcelona or Barcelona to Lisbon? Weather....
- 18 VIGO, SPAIN
- 19 Someone please check my Spain itinerary...
- 20 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 21 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 22 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 23 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 24 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 25 Back from Bologna, trip report