After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 3 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 4 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 5 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 6 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 7 4 Months in Europe
- 8 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 9 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 10 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 11 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 12 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 13 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 14 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 15 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 16 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 17 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 18 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 19 Airbnb scam
- 20 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 21 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 22 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 23 Tipping in the UK
- 24 Central Europe itinerary
- 25 Pre-Trip Jitters!