After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A good book!!
- 2 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 CDG airport and connection time
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 Paris Metro
- 10 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 11 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 12 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 17 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 22 Biarritz family holiday
- 23 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 24 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip