After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 2 One day in Paris!
- 3 Lisbon transportation
- 4 First time Vienna/Budapest/Prague
- 5 Where to travel in Switzerland in 2 days when I'm travelling from Italy?
- 6 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 7 Getting to Kinderdijk
- 8 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 9 Amalfi Coast of Algarve
- 10 Vicking Legend - Danube waltz cruise
- 11 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 12 A Month in the Land of Ice and Fire
- 13 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 14 Travel in England and Scotland
- 15 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 16 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 17 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 18 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 19 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 20 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 21 Texans Take a Tour
- 22 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 23 Japan or Italy next spring
- 24 Bahn.de rail travel in Germany
- 25 Night at MSM or Honfleur?