After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Trip in February, please help!!!!!!!
- 2 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
- 3 Venturing even further
- 4 Cars in France
- 5 The Hague
- 6 Coast to Coast Walk in England
- 7 Turkey Evisa Given Name
- 8 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 9 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 10 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 11 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 12 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 13 help with trip from prague to berlin and more
- 14 Traveling in between Paris and Nantes via TVG
- 15 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 16 Where to go
- 17 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 18 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 19 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 20 From tourist to local..need help budget dn where to go!
- 21 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 22 Mont St Michel hotels
- 23 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 24 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 25 Reims Champagne Houses