After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 5 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 London Trip Travel
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 9 I dream of Europe
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 12 St Germain
- 13 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 14 Cotswold Churches
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 17 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 18 Norway 2014
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 21 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 22 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 23 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 24 Is Venice really dirty?
- 25 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?