After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 4 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 5 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 6 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 7 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 8 Rovinj, Croatia
- 9 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 10 Paris November 2014
- 11 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 12 Traveling in France by train
- 13 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 14 Unique Venice Activity
- 15 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 18 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 19 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 20 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 21 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 22 Greek ferries
- 23 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 24 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 25 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving