After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Where to watch Ryder Cup Sat/Sun afternoons?
- 2 OMG! Just realized I'll be in London the same time as Raider Nation
- 3 One Month
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 7 19 countries in a day
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Ideas for the Canary Islands
- 10 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 11 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 12 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 13 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 14 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 15 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 16 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 17 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 18 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 19 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 20 Photographer in Paris?
- 21 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 22 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 23 Finistère Base
- 24 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 25 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?