After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 3 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 4 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 5 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 England in 7 days
- 8 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 9 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 10 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 11 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 12 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 13 To Prague or not to Prague
- 14 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 15 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 16 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 17 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 Ireland's west coast
- 20 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 21 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 22 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 23 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 24 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 25 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?