After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 2 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 3 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 4 Grad Schools in London?
- 5 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 6 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 7 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 8 Florence Opera
- 9 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 10 Latest Itinerary
- 11 Day trips from Bologna
- 12 Day trips from Bologna
- 13 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 14 spain
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 17 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 18 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 19 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 20 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 21 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 22 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 23 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 24 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 25 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)