After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 2 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 3 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 4 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 5 What clothes?
- 6 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 7 Car rental in Caen?
- 8 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 9 Questions about Italy again
- 10 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 11 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 12 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 13 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 14 Is my itinerary the Best of Northwest Italy?
- 15 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 16 Bavaria in August
- 17 Switzerland in 8 days
- 18 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?
- 19 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 20 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 21 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 22 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 23 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 24 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 25 Italy June 2016 - Attire?