After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 2 Madrid Airport
- 3 My summer in Paris
- 4 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 5 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 6 Late October Trip in France
- 7 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 8 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 9 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 10 Day Trip From London
- 11 Amsterdam and beyond
- 12 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 13 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 14 IDP for Scotland
- 15 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 16 Italy in November
- 17 Puglia and Matera
- 18 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 19 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 20 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 21 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 22 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 23 6 nights in Dublin
- 24 la spezia vs. levanto
- 25 Scottish pounds - coins too?