After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London's Must Sights!
- 2 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 3 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 7 First trip to Italy
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 10 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 11 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 12 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 13 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 Vienna or Budapest?
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 21 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 22 14 nights in Europe
- 23 French immersion courses in France
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 First time to London - couple for lodging