After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 2 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 5 Why Not Helsinki?
- 6 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 7 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 8 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 9 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 10 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 13 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 14 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 15 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 16 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 17 Iceland Day 5
- 18 Holland/France/Spain
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 21 Montenegro in September
- 22 3 week stay in Scotland
- 23 Paris, France
- 24 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 25 sfo to europe