After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 10 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 11 Planning A trip
- 12 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 15 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 16 Castle Stays in Wales
- 17 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 20 Can parking
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 24 Zurich to Milan trip
- 25 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal