After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 4 Augsburg with kids
- 5 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 8 Paris in April?
- 9 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 13 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 14 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 17 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 18 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 19 He said , she said
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 24 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 25 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?