After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Ireland itinerary help please
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 10 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 11 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 12 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Alps Drive
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 22 Paris cooking classes
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?