After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 2 Avignon to London?
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 5 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 6 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 7 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 8 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 9 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 12 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 13 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 20 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 24 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 25 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?