After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
10 weeks in Italy, Greece and Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 5 London - Site List Triage -
- 6 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 7 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 8 Cell phones in Ireland
- 9 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 13 Priceline for London hotels
- 14 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 15 Ireland itinerary
- 16 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 Istanbul Itinerary
- 19 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 20 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 21 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 24 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?