After just having spent three months in Central America I've decided to leave the beans and rice behind and head to Europe for the last of my travelling days! I have 10 weeks left and was planning to visit Greece and Turkey in that time but have been advised on the road that I can probably visit Italy as well in that time.
Sorry to say, I haven't done much research yet but I am thinking of spending two weeks in Italy from Rome south as I've already seen the north then get a ferry across to Greece where I want to visit a few islands and also make my way to the north. I think I will have 5 to 6 weeks in Greece. Then make my way overland (or by ferry if I end up at that end) to Turkey for the last 3 weeks.
I am backpacking but not on a shoestring budget and expect to travel by public transport most of the way unless I can buy a cheap scooter. And despite backpacking I'm not really interested in party islands!
If anyone could give me some ideas on a great itinerary or any other helpful hints they will be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Austerlitz to CDG on a weekday morning
- 2 Best location to stay in Seville
- 3 2 weeks in France next May
- 4 Vienna to Salzburg Please Help
- 5 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 6 12 days in Italy
- 7 Tech challenged: US car charger for IPHONE work in France and Italy
- 8 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 9 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 10 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 11 Favorite European cemeteries?
- 12 Sacred Christian Places in Athens
- 13 Globus vs. Insight for Italy
- 14 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 15 Buying Scrovegni Chapel tickets & Padova Card together
- 16 Our Next Europe Trip
- 17 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 18 How to rent a car...
- 19 Balleseede Castle in Trallee or Killarney
- 20 Most beautiful cities in Europe?
- 21 Itinerary tips for first timers
- 22 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 23 Ski resorts on Christmas Day/Eve in Switzerland
- 24 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 25 3 Full days in Venice, what would be your itinerary?