Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renfe help please!!
- 2 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 3 Reviewing Switzerland and Italy
- 4 London - Hotel recommendations Classic Non-Scene
- 5 Itinerary Tweaks and Tips, Please
- 6 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 7 Chiemsee or Walchensee? (Bavarian lakes roadtrip)
- 8 Need opinion to pick suitable rail pass
- 9 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 10 Paris google map, Place De Trocadero
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 13 France & Italy trip for 14 days
- 14 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 15 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 16 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 17 Curious on #2 restaraunt in the world - Osteria Francescana
- 18 A road trip to Florence
- 19 Paris restaurants open on Monday
- 20 Your favorite London chain restaurant
- 21 AirBNB scam apt in Milan
- 22 First time visit to Italy - family of 4
- 23 Hotel report: Rome and Venice
- 24 Road trip in Spain
- 25 Critique 11 day Italy Itinerary - Venice,Florence,Rome,Sorrento