Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre24/7
- 2 Spain - day driver advice
- 3 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 7 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 8 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 11 London with Teens Trip Report
- 12 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 13 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 18 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 19 Madrird and Seville
- 20 Greece
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like