Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
10 to 12 days for a Euro Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 2 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 3 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 4 London GTG late September?
- 5 Air France strike
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 8 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 9 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 10 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 13 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 14 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 15 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 16 Italy tours
- 17 Alterations to night trains routes
- 18 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 21 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 22 Questions About Croatia
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 25 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland