Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 2 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 3 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 4 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 5 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 6 The highlands
- 7 February in Florence
- 8 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 9 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 12 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 13 Juangfrau / mt
- 14 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 15 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 16 Loire Valley itinerary
- 17 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 18 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 19 Should we go to Vienna?
- 20 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 21 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 22 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 23 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 24 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 25 Renting a car