Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 2 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 3 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 4 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 5 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 6 base for Andalucia
- 7 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 8 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 9 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 10 Windsor Castle
- 11 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 14 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 15 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 16 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 20 4 nights in Sardinia
- 21 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Matera tour guide wanted