Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona on budget
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 4 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 5 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 6 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 7 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 8 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 9 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 10 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 11 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 12 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 13 Provence to Nice driving
- 14 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 15 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 16 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 18 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 20 German Train travel
- 21 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 22 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 23 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 24 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 25 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July