Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 2 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 3 best clothing for european winter?
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 8 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 9 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 10 Holiday in Austria
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 14 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Paris Under Seige...
- 17 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 18 Retiring to Southern France
- 19 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 23 Brief trip report Naples
- 24 Advices about our itiniary
- 25 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France