Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour or independent
- 2 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 3 Hotel advice
- 4 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 5 Budir, Iceland
- 6 River Boat Cruise
- 7 where to stay in Malta
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 10 London with kids
- 11 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 12 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 13 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 14 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 15 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 16 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 17 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 18 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 19 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 20 Public Transport information App/Website
- 21 Copenhagen and Stockholm Hotel Recommendations
- 22 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 23 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 24 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 25 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece