Just planning a road trip for the end of July with my girlfriend for 10 to 12 days. We have a Van/Car thing that we can easily sleep in and a few friends to crash at to avoid having to pay for hotels. My general idea is to head south from London to French Riviera via Paris and the Loire (about three nights). Then head East to Italy through Genoa, and Verona to Venice (about 4 days), then swing round the Dolomites, head west to lake Como, and then up to Switzerland (4 days), then shoot back home to London. Have put a rough route onto google maps and it comes out at around 2600miles. Link to map is below.
Would appreciate any advice, suggestions, and comments.
10 to 12 days for a Euro Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 2 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 3 Italy - Month of July
- 4 England & Scotland in April
- 5 Transport in Venice
- 6 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 7 Rome Areas to stay
- 8 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 9 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 10 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 11 Wengen to Torino?
- 12 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 13 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 14 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 15 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 16 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 17 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 18 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 21 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 22 St Germain
- 23 Lakes District UK
- 24 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 25 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?