We are a family of 3 adults planning a trip to southern Spain for 10 nights in middle of October 2015, after a week visiting the Amalfi Coast in Italy. This will be our first trip to Spain. Because we are using frequent flyer miles for the trip, we were limited in the dates/cities of travel. Our international flights are into and out of Rome.
After perusing many helpful trip reports and posts here, we have come up with the following itinerary.
Day 1: Direct flight from Naples to Barcelona on Vueling
Day 2: Barcelona
Day 3: Barcelona
Day 4: Direct flight to Granada on Vueling
Day 5: Granada (Alhambra)
Day 6: Rent a car at Granada train station (Auto Europe) and drive to Ronda
Day 7: Ronda (hikes in the area?)
Day 8: Drive to Seville (drop off the car at Seville train station)
Day 9: Seville
Day 10: Seville or day trip to Cordoba
Day 11: Direct flight to Rome on Ryanair (Could spend another day in Seville and fly to Rome the following day as all three of us have been to Rome)
Day 12: Rome
Day 13: International flight home in the evening
We try to spend at least 3 nights at a place, but there is so much we would like to see / do during our time, so admittedly this itinerary is a bit hectic. I realize that travel preferences are very personal, but if there are areas we should consider that we have not thought of--and in a similar vein, areas we should reconsider and omit because they are repetitive, too out of the ways, or do not go well with the rest of the itinerary--we would welcome your views.
Aside from the Alhambra, and perhaps the Mezquita in Cordoba, we are not set on seeing a particular site / city. We are looking forward to seeing places of natural / scenic beauty, places of culture, and enjoying the food we have heard so much about. We would like to limit our hotel / apartment costs to around 140-150 euros per night if we can.
We would welcome any and all recommendations, particularly on specific places of accomodations. We are considering renting an apartment in both Barcelona and Seville. (I have been looking at Habitat Apartments for Barcelona, Hotel Monte Triana in Seville as a starting point).
Thank you and look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 2 파워볼사다리 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 6 Berlin to ?
- 7 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 8 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 13 tickets for Wimbledon
- 14 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 15 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 16 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 17 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 18 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Renting a car in Greece
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 Piedmont question
- 25 Insurance on rental car options