We are a family of 3 adults planning a trip to southern Spain for 10 nights in middle of October 2015, after a week visiting the Amalfi Coast in Italy. This will be our first trip to Spain. Because we are using frequent flyer miles for the trip, we were limited in the dates/cities of travel. Our international flights are into and out of Rome.
After perusing many helpful trip reports and posts here, we have come up with the following itinerary.
Day 1: Direct flight from Naples to Barcelona on Vueling
Day 2: Barcelona
Day 3: Barcelona
Day 4: Direct flight to Granada on Vueling
Day 5: Granada (Alhambra)
Day 6: Rent a car at Granada train station (Auto Europe) and drive to Ronda
Day 7: Ronda (hikes in the area?)
Day 8: Drive to Seville (drop off the car at Seville train station)
Day 9: Seville
Day 10: Seville or day trip to Cordoba
Day 11: Direct flight to Rome on Ryanair (Could spend another day in Seville and fly to Rome the following day as all three of us have been to Rome)
Day 12: Rome
Day 13: International flight home in the evening
We try to spend at least 3 nights at a place, but there is so much we would like to see / do during our time, so admittedly this itinerary is a bit hectic. I realize that travel preferences are very personal, but if there are areas we should consider that we have not thought of--and in a similar vein, areas we should reconsider and omit because they are repetitive, too out of the ways, or do not go well with the rest of the itinerary--we would welcome your views.
Aside from the Alhambra, and perhaps the Mezquita in Cordoba, we are not set on seeing a particular site / city. We are looking forward to seeing places of natural / scenic beauty, places of culture, and enjoying the food we have heard so much about. We would like to limit our hotel / apartment costs to around 140-150 euros per night if we can.
We would welcome any and all recommendations, particularly on specific places of accomodations. We are considering renting an apartment in both Barcelona and Seville. (I have been looking at Habitat Apartments for Barcelona, Hotel Monte Triana in Seville as a starting point).
Thank you and look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 5 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 6 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 7 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 8 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 11 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 14 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 15 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 18 Long weekend in Albania
- 19 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 20 car rental
- 21 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 24 Munich and....???
- 25 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)