We are a family of 3 adults planning a trip to southern Spain for 10 nights in middle of October 2015, after a week visiting the Amalfi Coast in Italy. This will be our first trip to Spain. Because we are using frequent flyer miles for the trip, we were limited in the dates/cities of travel. Our international flights are into and out of Rome.
After perusing many helpful trip reports and posts here, we have come up with the following itinerary.
Day 1: Direct flight from Naples to Barcelona on Vueling
Day 2: Barcelona
Day 3: Barcelona
Day 4: Direct flight to Granada on Vueling
Day 5: Granada (Alhambra)
Day 6: Rent a car at Granada train station (Auto Europe) and drive to Ronda
Day 7: Ronda (hikes in the area?)
Day 8: Drive to Seville (drop off the car at Seville train station)
Day 9: Seville
Day 10: Seville or day trip to Cordoba
Day 11: Direct flight to Rome on Ryanair (Could spend another day in Seville and fly to Rome the following day as all three of us have been to Rome)
Day 12: Rome
Day 13: International flight home in the evening
We try to spend at least 3 nights at a place, but there is so much we would like to see / do during our time, so admittedly this itinerary is a bit hectic. I realize that travel preferences are very personal, but if there are areas we should consider that we have not thought of--and in a similar vein, areas we should reconsider and omit because they are repetitive, too out of the ways, or do not go well with the rest of the itinerary--we would welcome your views.
Aside from the Alhambra, and perhaps the Mezquita in Cordoba, we are not set on seeing a particular site / city. We are looking forward to seeing places of natural / scenic beauty, places of culture, and enjoying the food we have heard so much about. We would like to limit our hotel / apartment costs to around 140-150 euros per night if we can.
We would welcome any and all recommendations, particularly on specific places of accomodations. We are considering renting an apartment in both Barcelona and Seville. (I have been looking at Habitat Apartments for Barcelona, Hotel Monte Triana in Seville as a starting point).
Thank you and look forward to your replies!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 2 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 3 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 4 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 5 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 6 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 7 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 11 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 12 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 13 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 14 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 15 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 16 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 17 First Trip to Ireland
- 18 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 19 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 20 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 21 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 22 Athens multi site pass
- 23 London best location
- 24 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 25 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel