I will be travelling (solo) to Portugal from 21 June until 1 July.
I will be flying in to Porto first and then taking the train to Lisbon. I know there will be a festival in Porto on the 23rd and 24th June.
Originally I planned to stay 5 nights in Porto and 5 nights in Lisbon.
Im not much of a museum person and prefer architecture. Also love to walk around all the streets and sit at cafes watching the world go by.
Is 5 nights too much to stay in Porto being a smaller city? Or should I stay longer in Lisbon? Someone suggested I stay a night in Aveiro and a night in Coimbra on the way to Lisbon.
I am also planning to visit Sintra as a day trip. Or is it worth staying a night or two there and also visiting Cascais?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Iceland early december visit
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 5 God Save the Queen?
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Milan or Turin
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 9 Days in Spain
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 25 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report