I have read quite a few trip itineraries here and so I thought it will be great to post and get your input. My wife and I are going to Italy for 10 nights and 11 days. We will be landing in Rome on 1st Sept AM and flying out of Venice on 11th Sept at around 7pm. We were planning to the following:
1) Rome for 3 nights
2) Amalfi Coast for 2 nights (there is a direct bus from Rome to Amalfi Coast that leaves around 6am and reaches around 10am)
3) Florence for 2 nights (either fly from Naples to Florence or take the train. In Florence we were planning on renting a car to see the vineyards)
4) Venice for 2 nights (Take the train from Florence to Venice)
5) Last 1 night is still open
I was hoping to get your suggestions and input on the above itinerary. Is it too many places? Where should I add that last night? Should I just rent a car after Rome and use that to travel to Amalfi Coast and then Florence and return the rental car in Venice? Or is public transportation the way to go? Also best neighborhood to stay in Rome? Any other suggestions or input on hidden gems to visit along the way, favorite local cafe / restaurant, must see places etc. will be much appreciated.
Please help me out
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WWI sites
- 2 Christmas in Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 Brussels flower tapestry
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Lake Como,Italy
- 8 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Visiting Zurich
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 Places to visit from Zurich
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon