I have read quite a few trip itineraries here and so I thought it will be great to post and get your input. My wife and I are going to Italy for 10 nights and 11 days. We will be landing in Rome on 1st Sept AM and flying out of Venice on 11th Sept at around 7pm. We were planning to the following:
1) Rome for 3 nights
2) Amalfi Coast for 2 nights (there is a direct bus from Rome to Amalfi Coast that leaves around 6am and reaches around 10am)
3) Florence for 2 nights (either fly from Naples to Florence or take the train. In Florence we were planning on renting a car to see the vineyards)
4) Venice for 2 nights (Take the train from Florence to Venice)
5) Last 1 night is still open
I was hoping to get your suggestions and input on the above itinerary. Is it too many places? Where should I add that last night? Should I just rent a car after Rome and use that to travel to Amalfi Coast and then Florence and return the rental car in Venice? Or is public transportation the way to go? Also best neighborhood to stay in Rome? Any other suggestions or input on hidden gems to visit along the way, favorite local cafe / restaurant, must see places etc. will be much appreciated.
Please help me out
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 4 Lisbon hotel
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 8 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 9 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Italy
- 13 4 Days in Tuscany
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal