I have read quite a few trip itineraries here and so I thought it will be great to post and get your input. My wife and I are going to Italy for 10 nights and 11 days. We will be landing in Rome on 1st Sept AM and flying out of Venice on 11th Sept at around 7pm. We were planning to the following:
1) Rome for 3 nights
2) Amalfi Coast for 2 nights (there is a direct bus from Rome to Amalfi Coast that leaves around 6am and reaches around 10am)
3) Florence for 2 nights (either fly from Naples to Florence or take the train. In Florence we were planning on renting a car to see the vineyards)
4) Venice for 2 nights (Take the train from Florence to Venice)
5) Last 1 night is still open
I was hoping to get your suggestions and input on the above itinerary. Is it too many places? Where should I add that last night? Should I just rent a car after Rome and use that to travel to Amalfi Coast and then Florence and return the rental car in Venice? Or is public transportation the way to go? Also best neighborhood to stay in Rome? Any other suggestions or input on hidden gems to visit along the way, favorite local cafe / restaurant, must see places etc. will be much appreciated.
Please help me out
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 7 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 8 Helpful Hint
- 9 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each