In early October, I am going to London for a week with my husband. My husband and I are flying home separately, and on the return flight back to the US, I will have a twelve hour layover in Berlin Tegel Airport. My layover is from 9:55 PM on a Saturday until 9:15 AM Sunday. I have never been to Germany before, and I am considering leaving the airport for a few hours after I land, and exploring Berlin.
How feasible is it to get to Berlin from the airport? Would it be worth it to make the trek into the city for just a few hours? I enjoy walking around cities and exploring. Would there be people out and about from 10:30 PM-1:00 AM? Restaurants open? Any suggestions about where to go? Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST Password reset Contact ☎ 1:888:260:2909 COMCAST Tec*h Supp0rt 24\7
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 12 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 13 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 Paris to Italy
- 17 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 18 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 Barcelona alternative
- 23 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Driving through Paris