In early October, I am going to London for a week with my husband. My husband and I are flying home separately, and on the return flight back to the US, I will have a twelve hour layover in Berlin Tegel Airport. My layover is from 9:55 PM on a Saturday until 9:15 AM Sunday. I have never been to Germany before, and I am considering leaving the airport for a few hours after I land, and exploring Berlin.
How feasible is it to get to Berlin from the airport? Would it be worth it to make the trek into the city for just a few hours? I enjoy walking around cities and exploring. Would there be people out and about from 10:30 PM-1:00 AM? Restaurants open? Any suggestions about where to go? Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 2 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 7 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 8 Paris cooking classes
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 11 Canal du Midi
- 12 Family vacation to europe
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 15 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 16 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 17 Rental car in Menton
- 18 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Italy
- 20 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 21 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Barcelona and...
- 25 helping getting to and from Guarda