In early October, I am going to London for a week with my husband. My husband and I are flying home separately, and on the return flight back to the US, I will have a twelve hour layover in Berlin Tegel Airport. My layover is from 9:55 PM on a Saturday until 9:15 AM Sunday. I have never been to Germany before, and I am considering leaving the airport for a few hours after I land, and exploring Berlin.
How feasible is it to get to Berlin from the airport? Would it be worth it to make the trek into the city for just a few hours? I enjoy walking around cities and exploring. Would there be people out and about from 10:30 PM-1:00 AM? Restaurants open? Any suggestions about where to go? Thank you for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Greece
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 10 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 11 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 12 Iceland
- 13 Spain - day driver advice
- 14 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 17 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 21 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 24 Lake Como AREA questions
- 25 Berlin to ?