My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 2 2 weeks Europe trip
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 5 Need Information about French Alps
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Uffizi Phone Number
- 11 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 13 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Gites in Provence
- 16 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 17 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 18 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 19 4 days in Provence in early June
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 25 Opinion on sights in Florence