My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 3 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 4 Alhambra
- 5 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 UK in May and June
- 9 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 10 Spain: train/rental car help
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 14 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 15 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 18 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 19 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 20 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 21 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 22 Thinking about the Fjords
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 25 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please