My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 2 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Barcelona alternative
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 12 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Electrical Power Conversion
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Douro Valley in January?
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 20 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 24 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete