My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 3 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 16 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 17 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 20 Trip Ideas
- 21 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 22 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 23 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?