My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Lisbon
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 Tuscany Itinerary
- 10 driving from London to Lourdes
- 11 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 12 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 18 Places to stop/stay?
- 19 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 20 Visit to Sardinia
- 21 ATM
- 22 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 23 TIM in FCO - update
- 24 Visa Query
- 25 London in Winter Report