In early September my husband and I are meeting in Munich, where he'll be for work, renting a car, and driving through Slovenia to Istria. I already have two nights booked in Bled, and we're planning to stay in Ljubljana for a night or two and use it as a base to do some sightseeing including the Skocjan caves, and castle in Postojna. From there, we'll drive South to Istria. We're trying to decide if we should stay in a couple of different towns in Istria (possibly Buzet, Groznjan, Rovinj, Bale), or just stay in Rovinj and take day trips to other locations. We'd like to see as much as we can in 5-6 days, have great food and wine, visit olive oil and wine makers, and maybe jump off some big rocks into the Adriatic. We'd love some advice on whether to it's worth it to stay in a few different towns, or whether Istria is small and navigable enough that using Rovinj as a homebase will work just as well. Also, any thoughts on places that we shouldn't miss are welcome. Thanks!
10 days in Slovenia and Istria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 2 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 3 Has anybody bought tickets through divento.com?
- 4 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 5 Italy - unusually so
- 6 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 7 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 10 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 11 About cars in Austria
- 12 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 13 Spain in November
- 14 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 15 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 16 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 17 Europe in December for 10 days
- 18 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 19 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 20 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 England/EPL family vacation
- 23 4 Months in Europe
- 24 Never To Return
- 25 Tipping in the UK