In early September my husband and I are meeting in Munich, where he'll be for work, renting a car, and driving through Slovenia to Istria. I already have two nights booked in Bled, and we're planning to stay in Ljubljana for a night or two and use it as a base to do some sightseeing including the Skocjan caves, and castle in Postojna. From there, we'll drive South to Istria. We're trying to decide if we should stay in a couple of different towns in Istria (possibly Buzet, Groznjan, Rovinj, Bale), or just stay in Rovinj and take day trips to other locations. We'd like to see as much as we can in 5-6 days, have great food and wine, visit olive oil and wine makers, and maybe jump off some big rocks into the Adriatic. We'd love some advice on whether to it's worth it to stay in a few different towns, or whether Istria is small and navigable enough that using Rovinj as a homebase will work just as well. Also, any thoughts on places that we shouldn't miss are welcome. Thanks!
10 days in Slovenia and Istria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 5 one last portugal car rental question
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 11 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 nearby cities to london
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 25 Porto -City Break