In early September my husband and I are meeting in Munich, where he'll be for work, renting a car, and driving through Slovenia to Istria. I already have two nights booked in Bled, and we're planning to stay in Ljubljana for a night or two and use it as a base to do some sightseeing including the Skocjan caves, and castle in Postojna. From there, we'll drive South to Istria. We're trying to decide if we should stay in a couple of different towns in Istria (possibly Buzet, Groznjan, Rovinj, Bale), or just stay in Rovinj and take day trips to other locations. We'd like to see as much as we can in 5-6 days, have great food and wine, visit olive oil and wine makers, and maybe jump off some big rocks into the Adriatic. We'd love some advice on whether to it's worth it to stay in a few different towns, or whether Istria is small and navigable enough that using Rovinj as a homebase will work just as well. Also, any thoughts on places that we shouldn't miss are welcome. Thanks!
10 days in Slovenia and Istria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 2 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 5 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 6 Italy Spending Budget
- 7 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 8 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 9 Kassel Bergpark Wilhelmshöhe visiting logistics
- 10 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 11 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 12 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 13 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 14 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 15 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 16 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 17 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 18 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 19 Schengen rule made easy
- 20 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 21 Ireland or Scotland
- 22 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 23 First Trip to Europe
- 24 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 25 Scandinavian tour - first time!