In early September my husband and I are meeting in Munich, where he'll be for work, renting a car, and driving through Slovenia to Istria. I already have two nights booked in Bled, and we're planning to stay in Ljubljana for a night or two and use it as a base to do some sightseeing including the Skocjan caves, and castle in Postojna. From there, we'll drive South to Istria. We're trying to decide if we should stay in a couple of different towns in Istria (possibly Buzet, Groznjan, Rovinj, Bale), or just stay in Rovinj and take day trips to other locations. We'd like to see as much as we can in 5-6 days, have great food and wine, visit olive oil and wine makers, and maybe jump off some big rocks into the Adriatic. We'd love some advice on whether to it's worth it to stay in a few different towns, or whether Istria is small and navigable enough that using Rovinj as a homebase will work just as well. Also, any thoughts on places that we shouldn't miss are welcome. Thanks!
10 days in Slovenia and Istria
View all Europe activity »
- 1 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 2 Car in Prague
- 3 2 Week European Itinerary
- 4 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 5 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 6 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 9 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 10 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 15 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 16 Rome Accommodation
- 17 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 18 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 19 Italian Lakes gardens
- 20 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 21 Dresden Train Station
- 22 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Amsterdam: Alcoholics Cleaning Streets to Get Free Booze!