My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
10 days in September in Holland and Belgium
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 3 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 6 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 7 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 8 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Italian Lakes
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 16 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 17 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 18 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 19 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 24 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 25 Trip report of our visit to Rioja