My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 2 Zurich to Milan trip
- 3 Electrical Power Conversion
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Bruges
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 17 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 18 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 19 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 20 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 Driving through Paris
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip