My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
10 days in September in Holland and Belgium
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 2 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 5 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 6 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Arc de Triumph Question
- 9 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 10 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 11 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 12 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 13 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 14 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 15 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 16 What to wear
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 19 Paris November 2014
- 20 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 21 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Traveling in France by train
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions