My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 2 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 3 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 4 Planning roundtrip Greece
- 5 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 6 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 7 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 8 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 9 Road Trip through Peloponnese
- 10 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 11 Dining with the writers
- 12 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 13 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 14 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 15 Cordoba or Granada?
- 16 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 17 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 18 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 19 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 20 2 weeks in Prague
- 21 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 24 York - Time for tea!
- 25 Amalfi or Positano