My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 3 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 6 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 7 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 8 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 9 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 12 Norway Itinerary
- 13 train or plane
- 14 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 15 A Month stay in Southern France
- 16 restaurants in Marais district
- 17 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 23 Shoes in Scotland
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 Alsace for 5 days and 6 more days- where???