My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 3 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 4 Iceland itinerary help
- 5 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 8 Hertz Never Lost
- 9 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 10 Sicily car rental: pickup, drop off, and size
- 11 Please help with transportation suggestions in Belgium
- 12 2 Days in Bologna
- 13 Spain student visa/ travel questions
- 14 Southern Spain Recs for Honeymooners?
- 15 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 16 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 17 First Time Europe Trip
- 18 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 19 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 21 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 22 Cordoba or Granada?
- 23 Hostel Advice
- 24 Munich, Germany
- 25 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?