My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 RHK's Fall escape
- 5 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 6 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 9 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 10 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 11 Verona or Athens?
- 12 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 13 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 14 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 15 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 16 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 17 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 18 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 19 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 20 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 21 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 22 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 23 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.