My husband and I are planning a trip to Holland and Belgium for about 10 days in September. We will be flying into and out of Dusseldorf, Germany and plan on traveling around by train. Definitely plan on Amsterdam (suggested hotels or areas of city to stay?), and Bruges. Is Brussels worth staying in for 2 days? We like a mix of city and small town/country on our trips and my husband is really into beer! Do not want to travel and pack everyday, like to relax, but we do want to see a lot while we are there. How about Antwerp or Luxembourg? Any thoughts on Dusseldorf? Should we explore it longer or just stay the night of arrival/departure? Any suggested itineraries or tips are appreciated, especially the trains. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 2 Changes in security at Schiphol
- 3 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 4 Day Trip from London
- 5 8 Day trip to Swiss and France
- 6 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 7 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 8 Best things to eat, see, do in Italy
- 9 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 10 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 11 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 12 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 13 Honoring my Father, Belgium, Amsterdam, London and TWO GTGs
- 14 Switzerland and Northern Italy, 3 weeks
- 15 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 16 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 17 Where to buy Saffron?
- 18 Barcelona Sagrada Familia visit in evening
- 19 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 20 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 21 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 22 Itinerary Help for Wheelchair Traveler
- 23 Navigo Pass after September 1, 2015
- 24 3 days Venice to Paris
- 25 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam