I am in the very early planning stages of the trip - just woke up this morning with an urge for Italy I am planning for mid-October, so not much time. I would probably fly into one city and out of the other, as long as it proves not too expensive.
Trying to decide how to split the days. I have been to Rome several times, but its been at least 10 years since the last visit, so everything will be new. I was in Bologna once, but that was in the days following 9/11, so I was too sad to enjoy the trip.
I am thinking of a 7/3 split -what do you think? Alternatively, I could spend all 10 days in Rome and just do a day-trip to Bologna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 4 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 5 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 6 One week in Europe
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 11 Munich itinerary review
- 12 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Where to eat in Rome?
- 16 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 17 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 18 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 19 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 AMS Car Rental
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 24 London Theater
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris