I am in the very early planning stages of the trip - just woke up this morning with an urge for Italy I am planning for mid-October, so not much time. I would probably fly into one city and out of the other, as long as it proves not too expensive.
Trying to decide how to split the days. I have been to Rome several times, but its been at least 10 years since the last visit, so everything will be new. I was in Bologna once, but that was in the days following 9/11, so I was too sad to enjoy the trip.
I am thinking of a 7/3 split -what do you think? Alternatively, I could spend all 10 days in Rome and just do a day-trip to Bologna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 2 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 3 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 4 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 5 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 6 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 7 Italian lakes
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 10 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 14 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 15 Andalucia itinerary help
- 16 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 17 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 18 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 19 Barcelona
- 20 Planning a European Trip
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 23 Santorini lodging
- 24 Spain and South of France
- 25 Algarve location Help