I am in the very early planning stages of the trip - just woke up this morning with an urge for Italy I am planning for mid-October, so not much time. I would probably fly into one city and out of the other, as long as it proves not too expensive.
Trying to decide how to split the days. I have been to Rome several times, but its been at least 10 years since the last visit, so everything will be new. I was in Bologna once, but that was in the days following 9/11, so I was too sad to enjoy the trip.
I am thinking of a 7/3 split -what do you think? Alternatively, I could spend all 10 days in Rome and just do a day-trip to Bologna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 6 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 7 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 8 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 9 2 Months in Sicily
- 10 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 11 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 12 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 13 Ludwig Castles
- 14 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 15 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 16 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 17 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 18 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 19 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 20 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 25 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August