I am in the very early planning stages of the trip - just woke up this morning with an urge for Italy I am planning for mid-October, so not much time. I would probably fly into one city and out of the other, as long as it proves not too expensive.
Trying to decide how to split the days. I have been to Rome several times, but its been at least 10 years since the last visit, so everything will be new. I was in Bologna once, but that was in the days following 9/11, so I was too sad to enjoy the trip.
I am thinking of a 7/3 split -what do you think? Alternatively, I could spend all 10 days in Rome and just do a day-trip to Bologna?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Ireland hotel questions
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 15 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 16 Revised itinerary for italy
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 where to stay in London?
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 Flamenco in October
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 25 getting to CDG