Hello, I am planning a trip to portugal for ten days. I have not booked flight there yet so I can fly into anywhere. I will arrive (somewhere) in Portugal on the 3rd of August and I leave from Lisbon on the 13th (already have departure flight). Love to stroll the big cities but would like to do some kayaking or riding atv's and see some different parts of the country. I will be renting a car for the trip. Was thinking of starting in Faro but I can start in Porto if it would be less busy. I would also like to know if it is a bad idea to get hotels as we go or should I prebook. It seems to be busy in the Algarve's so thats why I was thinking of starting in Porto instead. Anybody with any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks
10 days in Portugal. lodging and itinerary help
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Public transport from Ostuni
- 2 Spain Travel
- 3 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 4 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 5 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 11 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 12 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 13 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 14 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 15 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 21 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 22 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 23 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 24 Lake como
- 25 Sagrada Familia - which tower?