Hello fellow travelers! I am flying into Milan in early May, 2013. I'm looking for a "base" in northern Italy from which I can take day trips. I have 9-10 days to explore the area. My only "must see" is Ravenna, otherwise I'm open to any suggestions. If possible I'd really like to dip a big toe into Slovinia/northern Croatia as well so I'd be interested in any suggestions to include Istria. I'd really appreciate any suggestions (i.e. towns, itinerary, etc.). Oh...and did I say I'd prefer to train as opposed to renting a car. My interests are ancient Roman ruins, scenery, food/wine. Many thanks!
10 Days in Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 4 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 7 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 8 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 9 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 10 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 11 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 18 London 2nd time around
- 19 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 20 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 21 London visit
- 22 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 23 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 24 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?