Hello fellow travelers! I am flying into Milan in early May, 2013. I'm looking for a "base" in northern Italy from which I can take day trips. I have 9-10 days to explore the area. My only "must see" is Ravenna, otherwise I'm open to any suggestions. If possible I'd really like to dip a big toe into Slovinia/northern Croatia as well so I'd be interested in any suggestions to include Istria. I'd really appreciate any suggestions (i.e. towns, itinerary, etc.). Oh...and did I say I'd prefer to train as opposed to renting a car. My interests are ancient Roman ruins, scenery, food/wine. Many thanks!
10 Days in Northern Italy
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 2 Lucerne to Lausanne Itinerary
- 3 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 4 best airport to fly out of Paris back to Toronto
- 5 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 6 Copenhagen public transportation
- 7 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 8 Two weeks in mostly Tuscany- need advice
- 9 River Palace or Victoria Hotel
- 10 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 11 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 12 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 13 Which is easier. Malpensa shuttle bus to Centrale or ...
- 14 Prague to Poland
- 15 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train
- 16 Turkey Museum Pass - Where to buy?
- 17 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 18 Using Plastic in Britain Now Includes Spending Pounds...
- 19 Amsterdam to Paris Best Route
- 20 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 21 Sicily 10 days
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Travel from Heathrow to Chessington
- 24 9 nights in Ireland
- 25 Family of 5 in Venice for 3 days -- will this work w/ kids?