Hello fellow travelers! I am flying into Milan in early May, 2013. I'm looking for a "base" in northern Italy from which I can take day trips. I have 9-10 days to explore the area. My only "must see" is Ravenna, otherwise I'm open to any suggestions. If possible I'd really like to dip a big toe into Slovinia/northern Croatia as well so I'd be interested in any suggestions to include Istria. I'd really appreciate any suggestions (i.e. towns, itinerary, etc.). Oh...and did I say I'd prefer to train as opposed to renting a car. My interests are ancient Roman ruins, scenery, food/wine. Many thanks!
10 Days in Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 2 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 3 Cotswolds village base
- 4 Hotel in Rome?
- 5 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 6 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 7 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 8 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 9 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 10 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 11 Passport Delays
- 12 Wine tour from Verona?
- 13 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 14 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 15 Netherlands Delta Works
- 16 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 17 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 18 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 19 A full week in The Netherlands
- 20 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 21 Southern Italy without a Car
- 22 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 23 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 24 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 25 Planning an itinerary in Southern France