Hello fellow travelers! I am flying into Milan in early May, 2013. I'm looking for a "base" in northern Italy from which I can take day trips. I have 9-10 days to explore the area. My only "must see" is Ravenna, otherwise I'm open to any suggestions. If possible I'd really like to dip a big toe into Slovinia/northern Croatia as well so I'd be interested in any suggestions to include Istria. I'd really appreciate any suggestions (i.e. towns, itinerary, etc.). Oh...and did I say I'd prefer to train as opposed to renting a car. My interests are ancient Roman ruins, scenery, food/wine. Many thanks!
10 Days in Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moscow: there is nothing to worry about.
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 4 Your favourite places in Bath
- 5 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 6 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 7 Italy and Croatia
- 8 Europe Tour with Kids
- 9 Shipping Prosecco
- 10 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 11 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 Lakes District UK
- 14 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 15 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Kimhe--flamenco
- 17 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 18 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 19 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 20 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 21 Italy 14 days
- 22 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 23 One night Athens-what area to stay in.?
- 24 Best way to get from paris to florence?
- 25 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives