Hello fellow travelers! I am flying into Milan in early May, 2013. I'm looking for a "base" in northern Italy from which I can take day trips. I have 9-10 days to explore the area. My only "must see" is Ravenna, otherwise I'm open to any suggestions. If possible I'd really like to dip a big toe into Slovinia/northern Croatia as well so I'd be interested in any suggestions to include Istria. I'd really appreciate any suggestions (i.e. towns, itinerary, etc.). Oh...and did I say I'd prefer to train as opposed to renting a car. My interests are ancient Roman ruins, scenery, food/wine. Many thanks!
10 Days in Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 2 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 3 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 4 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 5 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 6 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 7 VAT Refund at Milan Malpensa T1
- 8 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 9 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 10 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 13 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 14 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 15 Scotland Votes "No"
- 16 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 17 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 18 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 25 Pre-Trip Jitters!