We are a couple in our mid 20's from NYC looking to do a 10 day (possibly 2 weeks) trip in May. We mainly want to see breathtaking sights, eat tasty authentic Italian food with views, take scenic walks on cliffs etc. without feeling rushed with too many early morning daytrips.
I thought 10 days would be great for the Amalfi Coast but many itineraries I looked up seem to say that the area is too small...?
1. What is an ideal itinerary/length to see Naples (just to check it out, get pizza , Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast? Don't need to see Rome/Florence etc. again on this trip.
2. With 10 days-2 weeks, could we add Sicily into the mix? How far is it by ferry/train?
3. How is the weather/popularity in May? Is early May better or closer to June?
4. Any recommendations for a cliffside view room with balcony for under $250/night in Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 11 Juangfrau / mt
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Italy