We are a couple in our mid 20's from NYC looking to do a 10 day (possibly 2 weeks) trip in May. We mainly want to see breathtaking sights, eat tasty authentic Italian food with views, take scenic walks on cliffs etc. without feeling rushed with too many early morning daytrips.
I thought 10 days would be great for the Amalfi Coast but many itineraries I looked up seem to say that the area is too small...?
1. What is an ideal itinerary/length to see Naples (just to check it out, get pizza , Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast? Don't need to see Rome/Florence etc. again on this trip.
2. With 10 days-2 weeks, could we add Sicily into the mix? How far is it by ferry/train?
3. How is the weather/popularity in May? Is early May better or closer to June?
4. Any recommendations for a cliffside view room with balcony for under $250/night in Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 2 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 3 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Info about Poland
- 13 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Barcelona question
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 25 Advice on Berlin hotels