We are a couple in our mid 20's from NYC looking to do a 10 day (possibly 2 weeks) trip in May. We mainly want to see breathtaking sights, eat tasty authentic Italian food with views, take scenic walks on cliffs etc. without feeling rushed with too many early morning daytrips.
I thought 10 days would be great for the Amalfi Coast but many itineraries I looked up seem to say that the area is too small...?
1. What is an ideal itinerary/length to see Naples (just to check it out, get pizza , Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast? Don't need to see Rome/Florence etc. again on this trip.
2. With 10 days-2 weeks, could we add Sicily into the mix? How far is it by ferry/train?
3. How is the weather/popularity in May? Is early May better or closer to June?
4. Any recommendations for a cliffside view room with balcony for under $250/night in Positano?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 3 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 7 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Things to do in Brussels
- 13 Madrid airport question
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 16 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 38 Days in Paris
- 23 Naxos car rental
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)