I am from India and am planning a trip with my Husband in the 1st two weeks of October with 4 days in Paris and 10 days in Italy. It is our maiden trip to Europe and while Paris is sorted i'm having a tough time in planning the Italy itinerary as they are sooo many places i want to visit but can't be checking in - checking out all the time !! The places that i have been thinking of are - Lake Como (2 days), Venice (2 days), Cinque Terra (either a day trip from Florence or 1.5 days with night stay), Florence (2 days with 1 day trip to Pisa/Siena), Rome (3 days including 1 day trip to Amalfi Coast). Our main objective is to see picturesque places and we prefer travelling by trains between these cities.
Need advice on -
1. Should Cinque Terra be done as a 2 day and 2 nights thing reducing 1 day in Venice or should it be done as a day trip from Florence.
2. Current plan is to take overnight train from Paris to Milan and go to Lake Como as the 1st stop in Italy. If Cinque Terra is to be done as a night spend then should the plan be altered to Paris to Venice then lake como and then cinque terra (from Milan).
3. How would the weather be in Oct 1st two weeks and what essentials should be carried for clothes.
Open to suggestions on altering the itinerary to make it more practical..any advice would really be appreciated.. thanks in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales