I am from India and am planning a trip with my Husband in the 1st two weeks of October with 4 days in Paris and 10 days in Italy. It is our maiden trip to Europe and while Paris is sorted i'm having a tough time in planning the Italy itinerary as they are sooo many places i want to visit but can't be checking in - checking out all the time !! The places that i have been thinking of are - Lake Como (2 days), Venice (2 days), Cinque Terra (either a day trip from Florence or 1.5 days with night stay), Florence (2 days with 1 day trip to Pisa/Siena), Rome (3 days including 1 day trip to Amalfi Coast). Our main objective is to see picturesque places and we prefer travelling by trains between these cities.
Need advice on -
1. Should Cinque Terra be done as a 2 day and 2 nights thing reducing 1 day in Venice or should it be done as a day trip from Florence.
2. Current plan is to take overnight train from Paris to Milan and go to Lake Como as the 1st stop in Italy. If Cinque Terra is to be done as a night spend then should the plan be altered to Paris to Venice then lake como and then cinque terra (from Milan).
3. How would the weather be in Oct 1st two weeks and what essentials should be carried for clothes.
Open to suggestions on altering the itinerary to make it more practical..any advice would really be appreciated.. thanks in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in late January
- 2 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 3 First time in France
- 4 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 5 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 6 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 7 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 8 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 11 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 12 Fresh juice intoxication at Sunny Beach
- 13 Prague hotels
- 14 Portugal itinerary help
- 15 Munich
- 16 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 17 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 18 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 19 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 20 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 21 Puglia or La Langhe
- 22 What to expect over Christmas
- 23 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford