I am from India and am planning a trip with my Husband in the 1st two weeks of October with 4 days in Paris and 10 days in Italy. It is our maiden trip to Europe and while Paris is sorted i'm having a tough time in planning the Italy itinerary as they are sooo many places i want to visit but can't be checking in - checking out all the time !! The places that i have been thinking of are - Lake Como (2 days), Venice (2 days), Cinque Terra (either a day trip from Florence or 1.5 days with night stay), Florence (2 days with 1 day trip to Pisa/Siena), Rome (3 days including 1 day trip to Amalfi Coast). Our main objective is to see picturesque places and we prefer travelling by trains between these cities.
Need advice on -
1. Should Cinque Terra be done as a 2 day and 2 nights thing reducing 1 day in Venice or should it be done as a day trip from Florence.
2. Current plan is to take overnight train from Paris to Milan and go to Lake Como as the 1st stop in Italy. If Cinque Terra is to be done as a night spend then should the plan be altered to Paris to Venice then lake como and then cinque terra (from Milan).
3. How would the weather be in Oct 1st two weeks and what essentials should be carried for clothes.
Open to suggestions on altering the itinerary to make it more practical..any advice would really be appreciated.. thanks in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 6 London with Teens Trip Report
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 9 Lake Como AREA questions
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 12 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 13 Spain - day driver advice
- 14 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 15 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 18 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 21 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 22 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Madrird and Seville