I am from India and am planning a trip with my Husband in the 1st two weeks of October with 4 days in Paris and 10 days in Italy. It is our maiden trip to Europe and while Paris is sorted i'm having a tough time in planning the Italy itinerary as they are sooo many places i want to visit but can't be checking in - checking out all the time !! The places that i have been thinking of are - Lake Como (2 days), Venice (2 days), Cinque Terra (either a day trip from Florence or 1.5 days with night stay), Florence (2 days with 1 day trip to Pisa/Siena), Rome (3 days including 1 day trip to Amalfi Coast). Our main objective is to see picturesque places and we prefer travelling by trains between these cities.
Need advice on -
1. Should Cinque Terra be done as a 2 day and 2 nights thing reducing 1 day in Venice or should it be done as a day trip from Florence.
2. Current plan is to take overnight train from Paris to Milan and go to Lake Como as the 1st stop in Italy. If Cinque Terra is to be done as a night spend then should the plan be altered to Paris to Venice then lake como and then cinque terra (from Milan).
3. How would the weather be in Oct 1st two weeks and what essentials should be carried for clothes.
Open to suggestions on altering the itinerary to make it more practical..any advice would really be appreciated.. thanks in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do we need a car?
- 2 Anne Frank House - new entry system advice
- 3 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 4 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 5 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 6 Last minute change to include Chester: should I?
- 7 3 days in Provence - Avignon, Arles, Aix, and the smaller Luberon Villages
- 8 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 9 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 10 Age limit for car rental?
- 11 tipping
- 12 Greek ferry tickets and seat options
- 13 Oberammergau and Fussen
- 14 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 15 Advice about Naples?
- 16 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 17 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 18 Giro d'Italia
- 19 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 20 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 21 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 22 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 23 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 24 Santorini and Positano.
- 25 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS