I am from India and am planning a trip with my Husband in the 1st two weeks of October with 4 days in Paris and 10 days in Italy. It is our maiden trip to Europe and while Paris is sorted i'm having a tough time in planning the Italy itinerary as they are sooo many places i want to visit but can't be checking in - checking out all the time !! The places that i have been thinking of are - Lake Como (2 days), Venice (2 days), Cinque Terra (either a day trip from Florence or 1.5 days with night stay), Florence (2 days with 1 day trip to Pisa/Siena), Rome (3 days including 1 day trip to Amalfi Coast). Our main objective is to see picturesque places and we prefer travelling by trains between these cities.
Need advice on -
1. Should Cinque Terra be done as a 2 day and 2 nights thing reducing 1 day in Venice or should it be done as a day trip from Florence.
2. Current plan is to take overnight train from Paris to Milan and go to Lake Como as the 1st stop in Italy. If Cinque Terra is to be done as a night spend then should the plan be altered to Paris to Venice then lake como and then cinque terra (from Milan).
3. How would the weather be in Oct 1st two weeks and what essentials should be carried for clothes.
Open to suggestions on altering the itinerary to make it more practical..any advice would really be appreciated.. thanks in anticipation!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 nights in England, please help
- 2 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 3 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 4 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 5 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 6 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 7 3/4/ days South of France
- 8 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 9 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 12 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 13 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 14 Trains from Granada
- 15 Cinque Terre with Mom (4 days)
- 16 Iceland-another itinerary help request
- 17 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 18 Do we stay in Montalcino or Chianti or Both?
- 19 Alhambra
- 20 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 21 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 22 Driving from San Sebastian to La Rioja to Bilbao
- 23 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 24 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 25 Ten day tour of Assisi and Umbria during Candelmaggio