My wife an I got married in January 2011 and went on a mini honeymoon for a week to the Dominican Republic. I am also looking to go away for 10 days during the end of June/early July to Italy since my wife studied Italian. We are both young, (23 and 21). I've been to Italy, lived in Rome for 3 weeks and have seen the important parts of Rome but will do it all again for my wife.
Planning a 10 day trip to Italy is easy... here's my dilemma...
1. I can only miss 5 (6 tops) days of work, so I must leave NY on a Thursday Night and return on a Sunday.
2. We observe the Sabbath. So Friday night and Saturday Day are not touring days.
I'm a history buff, and she's all about the art.
My initial thoughts were to tour on the weekdays and on the weekends relax on a beach.
I was thinking about going away June 23rd arrive June 24th. Spend Friday and Saturday at a beach, then sunday-thursday/friday (26-30/1) tour. Friday July 1st find another beach to relax at, fly home July 4th (since I'll be off).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rental car in Italy
- 2 International driving permit required in France?
- 3 SatNav and GPS systems that show speed cameras are illegal
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 6 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 7 Arrival Day in Athens
- 8 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 9 Madrid to Dordogne
- 10 London Weekly Apartment
- 11 Provence home base, cars, trains, hotel, etc
- 12 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 13 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 14 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 15 Overnight Layover -London
- 16 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 17 First trip to Europe-Final itinerary
- 18 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 19 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 20 Time to go through customs in Glascow, Scotland
- 21 Andalucia - Food Vocabulary - suggestions, corrections?
- 22 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 23 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 24 Finalizing Itinerary
- 25 Rent a car in Le Havre, FR