My wife an I got married in January 2011 and went on a mini honeymoon for a week to the Dominican Republic. I am also looking to go away for 10 days during the end of June/early July to Italy since my wife studied Italian. We are both young, (23 and 21). I've been to Italy, lived in Rome for 3 weeks and have seen the important parts of Rome but will do it all again for my wife.
Planning a 10 day trip to Italy is easy... here's my dilemma...
1. I can only miss 5 (6 tops) days of work, so I must leave NY on a Thursday Night and return on a Sunday.
2. We observe the Sabbath. So Friday night and Saturday Day are not touring days.
I'm a history buff, and she's all about the art.
My initial thoughts were to tour on the weekdays and on the weekends relax on a beach.
I was thinking about going away June 23rd arrive June 24th. Spend Friday and Saturday at a beach, then sunday-thursday/friday (26-30/1) tour. Friday July 1st find another beach to relax at, fly home July 4th (since I'll be off).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 2 Porto and vicinity
- 3 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 4 Norway fjord
- 5 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 6 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Italy
- 9 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 10 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 15 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Praiana to Positano
- 19 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 20 Another Book List for Italy
- 21 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 22 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 23 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 24 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 25 Itinerary Help for Portugal