My wife an I got married in January 2011 and went on a mini honeymoon for a week to the Dominican Republic. I am also looking to go away for 10 days during the end of June/early July to Italy since my wife studied Italian. We are both young, (23 and 21). I've been to Italy, lived in Rome for 3 weeks and have seen the important parts of Rome but will do it all again for my wife.
Planning a 10 day trip to Italy is easy... here's my dilemma...
1. I can only miss 5 (6 tops) days of work, so I must leave NY on a Thursday Night and return on a Sunday.
2. We observe the Sabbath. So Friday night and Saturday Day are not touring days.
I'm a history buff, and she's all about the art.
My initial thoughts were to tour on the weekdays and on the weekends relax on a beach.
I was thinking about going away June 23rd arrive June 24th. Spend Friday and Saturday at a beach, then sunday-thursday/friday (26-30/1) tour. Friday July 1st find another beach to relax at, fly home July 4th (since I'll be off).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 7 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 8 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Electrical Power Conversion
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Douro Valley in January?
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 16 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 24 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 25 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?