My wife an I got married in January 2011 and went on a mini honeymoon for a week to the Dominican Republic. I am also looking to go away for 10 days during the end of June/early July to Italy since my wife studied Italian. We are both young, (23 and 21). I've been to Italy, lived in Rome for 3 weeks and have seen the important parts of Rome but will do it all again for my wife.
Planning a 10 day trip to Italy is easy... here's my dilemma...
1. I can only miss 5 (6 tops) days of work, so I must leave NY on a Thursday Night and return on a Sunday.
2. We observe the Sabbath. So Friday night and Saturday Day are not touring days.
I'm a history buff, and she's all about the art.
My initial thoughts were to tour on the weekdays and on the weekends relax on a beach.
I was thinking about going away June 23rd arrive June 24th. Spend Friday and Saturday at a beach, then sunday-thursday/friday (26-30/1) tour. Friday July 1st find another beach to relax at, fly home July 4th (since I'll be off).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
10 Days in Italy
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 Portugal in September
- 6 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 7 Sicily 10 days
- 8 Europe with young teens
- 9 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 10 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome