I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
10 days in Italy - 4 cities?
- 1 TGV and Provence questions
- 2 Novels set in Greece
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 21 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip