I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona completely overrated
- 2 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 3 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 4 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 5 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 6 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 7 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 8 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 9 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 10 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 11 Norway accessories and must have
- 12 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 13 Greece in 15 Days
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 BNL machines in Italy
- 16 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 17 BNL ATMs
- 18 Planning Advice!
- 19 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 20 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 21 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 22 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 23 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 24 Our European adventures
- 25 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report