I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 2 Travel in England and Scotland
- 3 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 4 Japan or Italy next spring
- 5 Turkey: Itinerary help!
- 6 Must do/see in Rome
- 7 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 8 what to do in florence
- 9 Toledo, Spain
- 10 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 11 Amalfi Coast of Algarve
- 12 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 13 Lisbon transportation
- 14 Schengen-Student Study Abroad-Student Visa Problems
- 15 One day in Paris!
- 16 First time Vienna/Budapest/Prague
- 17 Where to travel in Switzerland in 2 days when I'm travelling from Italy?
- 18 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 19 Getting to Kinderdijk
- 20 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 21 Vicking Legend - Danube waltz cruise
- 22 English countryside help (Cotswolds and Bath?)
- 23 A Month in the Land of Ice and Fire
- 24 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 25 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?