I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 2 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 3 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 6 Rouen Tour Companies
- 7 Italy bus or train
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 19 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 20 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 21 Berlin to Italy
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 Florence - Where to stay
- 24 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 25 Killarney