I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
10 days in Italy - 4 cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 2 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 3 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 4 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 5 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 6 Renting an apt.
- 7 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 8 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 9 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 10 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 11 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 12 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 13 Amalfi coast in May
- 14 Paris winter sales
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Car rental in Central/Eastern Europe
- 17 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 21 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 22 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 23 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 24 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 25 Should I buy Euro's now?