I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
10 days in Italy - 4 cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 2 Koper to Trieste
- 3 Trieste and Koper
- 4 Stay near Paris
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 10 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 11 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 12 Pronunciation
- 13 Monet in Normandy
- 14 Dublin Tour Companies
- 15 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 19 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 23 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 24 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 25 Picasso Museum-Paris