I'm planning a trip to Europe with my family end of June/early July. This is going to be our first trip to Europe. We're a family of four with college grad kids. The current plan that has already been set in stone (ie hotels/tickets bought) are as follows:
Arrive in London (Wed Morning) - stay two nights in London
Train to Paris (Friday Night) - stay three nights in Paris
Night train to Venice (Monday Night, Arrive Tuesday morning)
From here we have 10 days, 9 nights in Italy. Ideally my tentative plan would be to see Venice, Florence, Sorrento+Capri+Pompeii (Stay in Sorrento), Rome
Looking at the days.. I think 4 cities might be too packed to fully enjoy our trip, but I can't figure out what to drop. Rome and Venice are a must because that's where we are arriving and leaving from.
Anyone have suggestions on how many days in each city if we were to stay in all four places? How many if we were to cut one out and if so what city?
Thanks a bunch in advanced!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 5 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 6 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 7 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 8 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 9 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 10 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 11 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 12 Salamanca Spain - stay in town or nearby?
- 13 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Nice/Monaco Train Question
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Coastal Denmark
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 25 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?