My mom and I have a trip planned to Iceland in early September. We'll be there for 10 days. We have airfare booked, but that's as far as we've gotten. We don't mind renting a car, but we're not too into doing the 10 day ring road tour. We'd like to base ourselves out of a few cities and tour out. Obviously there are several things to see in/around Reykjavik. Any highly recommended suggestions on day trips/tours from there? We were also looking at heading north for a few days, to the "West Coast", maybe as far north as the West Fjords. Is there a good town to base ourselves out of? We'd also like to go south, and were thinking of basing ourselves out of somewhere like Hofn? Any and all suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. The scenery is the country, but we'd really like to see the glaciers and do some whale watching. Hotel recommendations would be wonderful too. My mom's not too keen with hostels/shared bathrooms, but places that include breakfast would be great. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 4 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 5 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Madrid/Lisbon
- 8 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 11 Rome-Itinerary
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 21 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 22 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 23 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 24 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 25 Greek fuel cost