My mom and I have a trip planned to Iceland in early September. We'll be there for 10 days. We have airfare booked, but that's as far as we've gotten. We don't mind renting a car, but we're not too into doing the 10 day ring road tour. We'd like to base ourselves out of a few cities and tour out. Obviously there are several things to see in/around Reykjavik. Any highly recommended suggestions on day trips/tours from there? We were also looking at heading north for a few days, to the "West Coast", maybe as far north as the West Fjords. Is there a good town to base ourselves out of? We'd also like to go south, and were thinking of basing ourselves out of somewhere like Hofn? Any and all suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. The scenery is the country, but we'd really like to see the glaciers and do some whale watching. Hotel recommendations would be wonderful too. My mom's not too keen with hostels/shared bathrooms, but places that include breakfast would be great. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 2 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 3 Hotels in Turin
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 3 days solo in London
- 6 Chania
- 7 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 8 Now to Madrid
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice