My mom and I have a trip planned to Iceland in early September. We'll be there for 10 days. We have airfare booked, but that's as far as we've gotten. We don't mind renting a car, but we're not too into doing the 10 day ring road tour. We'd like to base ourselves out of a few cities and tour out. Obviously there are several things to see in/around Reykjavik. Any highly recommended suggestions on day trips/tours from there? We were also looking at heading north for a few days, to the "West Coast", maybe as far north as the West Fjords. Is there a good town to base ourselves out of? We'd also like to go south, and were thinking of basing ourselves out of somewhere like Hofn? Any and all suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. The scenery is the country, but we'd really like to see the glaciers and do some whale watching. Hotel recommendations would be wonderful too. My mom's not too keen with hostels/shared bathrooms, but places that include breakfast would be great. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 2 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 3 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 4 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 7 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 8 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 9 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 10 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 13 Sim Card Options
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 38 Days in Paris
- 16 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 17 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Day trip ideas
- 20 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 23 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 24 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 25 roaming Prague...but for how long?