My mom and I have a trip planned to Iceland in early September. We'll be there for 10 days. We have airfare booked, but that's as far as we've gotten. We don't mind renting a car, but we're not too into doing the 10 day ring road tour. We'd like to base ourselves out of a few cities and tour out. Obviously there are several things to see in/around Reykjavik. Any highly recommended suggestions on day trips/tours from there? We were also looking at heading north for a few days, to the "West Coast", maybe as far north as the West Fjords. Is there a good town to base ourselves out of? We'd also like to go south, and were thinking of basing ourselves out of somewhere like Hofn? Any and all suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. The scenery is the country, but we'd really like to see the glaciers and do some whale watching. Hotel recommendations would be wonderful too. My mom's not too keen with hostels/shared bathrooms, but places that include breakfast would be great. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 2 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 3 Highclare Castle
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 7 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 8 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 9 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 10 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 11 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 12 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 13 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 19 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 20 Salzburg itinerary review
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!