So we fly to Iceland in August for about 10 days, 1.5 days in Rejkavik, then we want to drive around the Ring Road in 7 days/ 6nights. There are so many suggestions as to where to go and where to stay my brain is sore!!. Really as the only driver I don't want to be driving more than 350km a day so was thinking of the following and want some comments:
Day 1 Arrive Rejavik at 4pm - Overnight
Day 2 Rejavik Overnight
Day 3 Pickup up car head towards Sandarkrokur for overnight stop
Day 4 Head on towards Husavik for overnight
Day 5 Husavik to Seyoisfjordour for overnight
Day 6 Seyoisfjordour to Hofn for overnight
Day 7 Hofn to Vik for overnight
Day 8 Vik to Selfoss overnight
Day 9 Selfoss via Gulfoss Geysir & Pingvellir to Rejavik overnight
Day 10 Fly out at 7.20am.
Not sure about whether to go direct from Vik to Rejavik rather than stopping over at Selfoss, could do another night somewhere further back...any recommendations?
Also is it better to go clockwise or anticlockwise??
We are looking to do a Cave trip, Short Glacier Walk, whale watching & possibly horseback ride along the way...reckon we can fit all that in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 Help with basic itinerary
- 3 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 4 Visit to Engand
- 5 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 8 Final Four
- 9 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 10 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 11 Parking in Girona
- 12 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 13 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 14 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 15 SNCF - low price for summer
- 16 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 17 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 18 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 19 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 20 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 21 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 22 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To