So we fly to Iceland in August for about 10 days, 1.5 days in Rejkavik, then we want to drive around the Ring Road in 7 days/ 6nights. There are so many suggestions as to where to go and where to stay my brain is sore!!. Really as the only driver I don't want to be driving more than 350km a day so was thinking of the following and want some comments:
Day 1 Arrive Rejavik at 4pm - Overnight
Day 2 Rejavik Overnight
Day 3 Pickup up car head towards Sandarkrokur for overnight stop
Day 4 Head on towards Husavik for overnight
Day 5 Husavik to Seyoisfjordour for overnight
Day 6 Seyoisfjordour to Hofn for overnight
Day 7 Hofn to Vik for overnight
Day 8 Vik to Selfoss overnight
Day 9 Selfoss via Gulfoss Geysir & Pingvellir to Rejavik overnight
Day 10 Fly out at 7.20am.
Not sure about whether to go direct from Vik to Rejavik rather than stopping over at Selfoss, could do another night somewhere further back...any recommendations?
Also is it better to go clockwise or anticlockwise??
We are looking to do a Cave trip, Short Glacier Walk, whale watching & possibly horseback ride along the way...reckon we can fit all that in?
10 Days in Iceland on First Trip - Itinerary Help!
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 3 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 4 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 9 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 10 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 11 To Paris and Provence in June
- 12 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 13 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 14 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 Travel by train or bus
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 23 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 24 London at Easter
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia