So we fly to Iceland in August for about 10 days, 1.5 days in Rejkavik, then we want to drive around the Ring Road in 7 days/ 6nights. There are so many suggestions as to where to go and where to stay my brain is sore!!. Really as the only driver I don't want to be driving more than 350km a day so was thinking of the following and want some comments:
Day 1 Arrive Rejavik at 4pm - Overnight
Day 2 Rejavik Overnight
Day 3 Pickup up car head towards Sandarkrokur for overnight stop
Day 4 Head on towards Husavik for overnight
Day 5 Husavik to Seyoisfjordour for overnight
Day 6 Seyoisfjordour to Hofn for overnight
Day 7 Hofn to Vik for overnight
Day 8 Vik to Selfoss overnight
Day 9 Selfoss via Gulfoss Geysir & Pingvellir to Rejavik overnight
Day 10 Fly out at 7.20am.
Not sure about whether to go direct from Vik to Rejavik rather than stopping over at Selfoss, could do another night somewhere further back...any recommendations?
Also is it better to go clockwise or anticlockwise??
We are looking to do a Cave trip, Short Glacier Walk, whale watching & possibly horseback ride along the way...reckon we can fit all that in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT YAHOO MAIL CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 London is it worth it?
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 13 Paris and Normandy
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 17 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 21 Car Rental
- 22 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 23 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 24 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 25 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017