My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Greece for 10 days at the end of June 2017. I've been reading a lot of the forums, and I've gotten a lot of information from all of you already, so thank you!
We're looking for a vacation where we get to do some sightseeing yet have a good amount of time to relax as well. Last year, we roadtripped through France, Switzerland and Germany and while it was AMAZING, we could have used more time to rest and take it all in. That said, we want to spend the majority of our time on the islands. My preliminary itinerary has us flying into Athens, and spending 2 nights (one of which will be somewhat of a recovery day) to see the sights. Is this enough time (keep in mind I'm hoping you say yes)? We're not huge museum people, so we're looking to target the historical sites and take in some of the culture of the city before moving onto the islands.
I should probably also say that I know many of you have recommended going right to Santorini after landing in Athens, but as that's the part that I'm most looking forward to I'd rather save that for last!
After Athens, I thought we'd head to Naxos, I understand this is the more relaxing of either Naxos or Paros, but close enough to do ferries to Paros and Mykonos? We'd likely stay here for 3 nights before spending the rest of the time (5 nights) in Santorini.
I wish we had more time so we could see Crete and a few other islands, but logistically these seems to be the best way to go about it since everything is so spread out - would you agree? Any suggestions? Should we do 4 nights in Naxos since we plan to island hop and the remaining 4 in Santorini?
Thank you in advance for all the tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 2 Trip Report to Bordeaux, Sarlat-la-Canéda, and Albi
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Help on ancient history route
- 5 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 6 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 7 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 8 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 11 Top Tapas Tascas
- 12 Iceland car rental agencies
- 13 Amalfi coast in august
- 14 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Venice? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Greece
- 17 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 18 Iceland france spain
- 19 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 20 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 21 Hiking lake Como
- 22 Prem fares (again)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train