My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Greece for 10 days at the end of June 2017. I've been reading a lot of the forums, and I've gotten a lot of information from all of you already, so thank you!
We're looking for a vacation where we get to do some sightseeing yet have a good amount of time to relax as well. Last year, we roadtripped through France, Switzerland and Germany and while it was AMAZING, we could have used more time to rest and take it all in. That said, we want to spend the majority of our time on the islands. My preliminary itinerary has us flying into Athens, and spending 2 nights (one of which will be somewhat of a recovery day) to see the sights. Is this enough time (keep in mind I'm hoping you say yes)? We're not huge museum people, so we're looking to target the historical sites and take in some of the culture of the city before moving onto the islands.
I should probably also say that I know many of you have recommended going right to Santorini after landing in Athens, but as that's the part that I'm most looking forward to I'd rather save that for last!
After Athens, I thought we'd head to Naxos, I understand this is the more relaxing of either Naxos or Paros, but close enough to do ferries to Paros and Mykonos? We'd likely stay here for 3 nights before spending the rest of the time (5 nights) in Santorini.
I wish we had more time so we could see Crete and a few other islands, but logistically these seems to be the best way to go about it since everything is so spread out - would you agree? Any suggestions? Should we do 4 nights in Naxos since we plan to island hop and the remaining 4 in Santorini?
Thank you in advance for all the tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 3 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 4 Cambridge in May
- 5 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 6 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 7 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 8 Dog friendly hotels
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Madrid/Lisbon
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 16 Day trips around Vienna
- 17 Greek fuel cost
- 18 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 19 Killarney
- 20 Walking itinerary in England?
- 21 First time in Bulgaria
- 22 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations