My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Greece for 10 days at the end of June 2017. I've been reading a lot of the forums, and I've gotten a lot of information from all of you already, so thank you!
We're looking for a vacation where we get to do some sightseeing yet have a good amount of time to relax as well. Last year, we roadtripped through France, Switzerland and Germany and while it was AMAZING, we could have used more time to rest and take it all in. That said, we want to spend the majority of our time on the islands. My preliminary itinerary has us flying into Athens, and spending 2 nights (one of which will be somewhat of a recovery day) to see the sights. Is this enough time (keep in mind I'm hoping you say yes)? We're not huge museum people, so we're looking to target the historical sites and take in some of the culture of the city before moving onto the islands.
I should probably also say that I know many of you have recommended going right to Santorini after landing in Athens, but as that's the part that I'm most looking forward to I'd rather save that for last!
After Athens, I thought we'd head to Naxos, I understand this is the more relaxing of either Naxos or Paros, but close enough to do ferries to Paros and Mykonos? We'd likely stay here for 3 nights before spending the rest of the time (5 nights) in Santorini.
I wish we had more time so we could see Crete and a few other islands, but logistically these seems to be the best way to go about it since everything is so spread out - would you agree? Any suggestions? Should we do 4 nights in Naxos since we plan to island hop and the remaining 4 in Santorini?
Thank you in advance for all the tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 What tips can you give about packing?
- 5 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 8 How the kids age calculated
- 9 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 10 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Firt time VISA applicant
- 15 Uffizi Phone Number
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 18 Aix Provence
- 19 Sintra
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 25 Murren to Prague