My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Greece for 10 days at the end of June 2017. I've been reading a lot of the forums, and I've gotten a lot of information from all of you already, so thank you!
We're looking for a vacation where we get to do some sightseeing yet have a good amount of time to relax as well. Last year, we roadtripped through France, Switzerland and Germany and while it was AMAZING, we could have used more time to rest and take it all in. That said, we want to spend the majority of our time on the islands. My preliminary itinerary has us flying into Athens, and spending 2 nights (one of which will be somewhat of a recovery day) to see the sights. Is this enough time (keep in mind I'm hoping you say yes)? We're not huge museum people, so we're looking to target the historical sites and take in some of the culture of the city before moving onto the islands.
I should probably also say that I know many of you have recommended going right to Santorini after landing in Athens, but as that's the part that I'm most looking forward to I'd rather save that for last!
After Athens, I thought we'd head to Naxos, I understand this is the more relaxing of either Naxos or Paros, but close enough to do ferries to Paros and Mykonos? We'd likely stay here for 3 nights before spending the rest of the time (5 nights) in Santorini.
I wish we had more time so we could see Crete and a few other islands, but logistically these seems to be the best way to go about it since everything is so spread out - would you agree? Any suggestions? Should we do 4 nights in Naxos since we plan to island hop and the remaining 4 in Santorini?
Thank you in advance for all the tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 3 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 London is it worth it?
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 free international phone calls
- 10 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 11 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 12 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 13 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 14 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 17 London 6 day itinerary
- 18 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 International drivers permit
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 Sicily Beach Resort
- 25 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy