My boyfriend and I are considering a trip to Greece for 10 days at the end of June 2017. I've been reading a lot of the forums, and I've gotten a lot of information from all of you already, so thank you!
We're looking for a vacation where we get to do some sightseeing yet have a good amount of time to relax as well. Last year, we roadtripped through France, Switzerland and Germany and while it was AMAZING, we could have used more time to rest and take it all in. That said, we want to spend the majority of our time on the islands. My preliminary itinerary has us flying into Athens, and spending 2 nights (one of which will be somewhat of a recovery day) to see the sights. Is this enough time (keep in mind I'm hoping you say yes)? We're not huge museum people, so we're looking to target the historical sites and take in some of the culture of the city before moving onto the islands.
I should probably also say that I know many of you have recommended going right to Santorini after landing in Athens, but as that's the part that I'm most looking forward to I'd rather save that for last!
After Athens, I thought we'd head to Naxos, I understand this is the more relaxing of either Naxos or Paros, but close enough to do ferries to Paros and Mykonos? We'd likely stay here for 3 nights before spending the rest of the time (5 nights) in Santorini.
I wish we had more time so we could see Crete and a few other islands, but logistically these seems to be the best way to go about it since everything is so spread out - would you agree? Any suggestions? Should we do 4 nights in Naxos since we plan to island hop and the remaining 4 in Santorini?
Thank you in advance for all the tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 2 Athens
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Transportation from Brno train station
- 7 Budapest & Prague
- 8 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Swiss Travel Pass
- 11 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 12 10 days in Paris and......
- 13 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 18 Paris day trips August
- 19 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 20 Petrol in Greece
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 24 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 25 Wimbledon Debenture tickets