I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
10 days in Germany - Need help with itinery
- 1 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 4 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey
- 7 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 8 Where to Stay in Paris with Family
- 9 Tour for Alhambra
- 10 London on a sunny day
- 11 portugal
- 12 HELP stuck in Italy
- 13 I Need To Vent!
- 14 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 15 Itinerary help please! Dolomites 1 week hut to hut guided tours
- 16 10 day switzerland itinerary by train
- 17 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 18 Rhine River Intinerary
- 19 What is the best food in France?
- 20 Help with itenerary
- 21 10 days in Switzerland & 3-4 days in Paris
- 22 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 23 And for more pickpocket news - this time at Sistine Chapel
- 24 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 25 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?