I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
10 days in Germany - Need help with itinery
- 1 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 2 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 3 Which tour company would be best?
- 4 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 5 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 6 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 7 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 8 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 9 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 10 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 11 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 12 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 13 Germany student visa to tourist visa
- 14 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 15 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 16 Backpacking through Europe
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Mobile Phone Users Cut International telephone charges
- 19 Airport transfer from Sorrento to Naples
- 20 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 21 Barcelona Habitat Apartments Eixemple Questions
- 22 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 23 Rhine River Intinerary
- 24 Help me decide between Kas and Kalkan!
- 25 I Need To Vent!