I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
10 days in Germany - Need help with itinery
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 2 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 3 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 4 dining in Brussels
- 5 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 6 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 7 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 8 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 9 using airbnb for the first time...
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 12 plug adapters ITALY
- 13 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 16 How to make this adventure work?
- 17 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 18 How much luggage?????
- 19 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 20 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 21 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 22 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 25 Vienna State Opera Tickets