I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Maps of Ireland
- 2 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 3 Itinerary help please!
- 4 Vitalpeak XT >> > http://getmenshealth.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 5 Dover queues
- 6 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 7 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 8 Greece Itinerary
- 9 http://www.thehealthvictory.com/raw-power-xl/
- 10 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 11 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 12 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 13 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 14 Puglia
- 15 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 16 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 17 This secure, as immoderate-colossal
- 18 From London to Paris to US
- 19 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20 My First Trip to Europe...
- 21 Residential wallpaper designs
- 22 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 23 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 24 Naples or Genoa
- 25 France to stop making foie grois