I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 2 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 3 air conditioning
- 4 Paris Visite pass
- 5 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 6 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 7 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 8 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 9 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 10 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 11 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 12 Barcelona sites: attire
- 13 Self-driving in Iceland
- 14 Ann Frank House
- 15 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 16 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 17 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 18 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 19 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 20 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 21 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 22 Referendum in Greece
- 23 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 24 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 25 Barcelona Itinerary