I'm going to Europe and planning a visit to Germany (end April) via train (I bought an Eurail Global Pass). I know it's not possible to see all the popular sights in Germany within that time frame but I hope to make the best use of my time there. I will arrive at Munich from Florence via the night train and plan to stay in Germany for 9-10 days before heading off to Amsterdam.
I plan to stop at Munich for 2-3 days and take a day trip to Fussen in one of those days and see the Neuschwanstein castle. After which, I'll head off to Berlin for another 3 days and visit the sights as mentioned above. From Berlin I'll be off to Frankfurt to visit the Rhine Valley (mainly between Bacharach and St. Goar) and maybe stay at Bacharach for a night. Then it's back to Frankfurt and Amsterdam. I will be taking night trains mostly. Do I need reservations and is this plan feasible?
Alternatively, I was thinking of dropping the Rhine Valley idea and spend longer days in Berlin (and maybe do a day trip elsewhere). Much help appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 2 Norway in November
- 3 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 4 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 5 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 6 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 9 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 10 Dublin sights and restaurant ideas
- 11 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 14 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 15 restaurants and stores in Haut-de-Cagnes in late October?
- 16 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 17 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 18 Best locally frequented places to eat.
- 19 Urgently need help contacting mytrip.com
- 20 Bilboa to Madrid
- 21 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 22 Using Voip on Android in US and Europe
- 23 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 24 Help us to know Italians! :^)
- 25 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)