We are so excited! Our daughter is getting married in Provence at the end of May. And we will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary two days before the wedding. My husband and I have never been to Europe, but have traveled a lot in the US, Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, etc, so we are pretty confident travelers. Buy we are in need of advice!
We will be in Provence for four days, and would like to travel to three or maybe four places where we could spend three days or so soaking in the sites and relaxing a bit too. We don't care much about exploring huge cities, we love delicious food and wine, we love nature, we enjoy museums and history. We think it would be fun to travel by train for all or part of our time. We will be flying into Marseille and can fly out of any place - we are planning to fly using our AA aadvantage miles.
Our dilemma is where to go? The options seem endless and I would love some advice from those of you who have traveled Europe. Italy? France? Spain? Germany? Switzerland? Northern Europe? The U.K.? What would you do if you were us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with basic itinerary
- 2 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 3 Cinqueterre
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 7 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 8 Parking in Girona
- 9 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 10 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 11 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 12 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 13 SNCF - low price for summer
- 14 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 17 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 18 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 19 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 20 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 21 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 24 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges