We are so excited! Our daughter is getting married in Provence at the end of May. And we will be celebrating our 35th Anniversary two days before the wedding. My husband and I have never been to Europe, but have traveled a lot in the US, Mexico, Canada, the Caribbean, etc, so we are pretty confident travelers. Buy we are in need of advice!
We will be in Provence for four days, and would like to travel to three or maybe four places where we could spend three days or so soaking in the sites and relaxing a bit too. We don't care much about exploring huge cities, we love delicious food and wine, we love nature, we enjoy museums and history. We think it would be fun to travel by train for all or part of our time. We will be flying into Marseille and can fly out of any place - we are planning to fly using our AA aadvantage miles.
Our dilemma is where to go? The options seem endless and I would love some advice from those of you who have traveled Europe. Italy? France? Spain? Germany? Switzerland? Northern Europe? The U.K.? What would you do if you were us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 4 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 5 Areas in Milan
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 15 St Denis Cathedral
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 21 Rouen Tour Companies
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.