I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday Itinerary
- 2 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 3 How big backpack do I need?
- 4 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 7 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 8 How much do i need?
- 9 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 10 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 11 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 12 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 13 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 AVE train tickets questions.
- 17 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 18 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 19 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 22 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Path of the Gods Question
- 25 Loire Valley 12 days