I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Rome and Venice in December
- 3 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 4 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 5 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 6 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 7 Malta: baby food?
- 8 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 9 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 10 Shopping in Paris
- 11 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 12 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 13 2 London theatre recommendations
- 14 spanish winery region(s)
- 15 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 16 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 17 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 18 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 19 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 20 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 21 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 22 December in Deutschland
- 23 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 24 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 25 cash or plastic in Greece