I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
10 days in belgium and western germany
- 1 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 2 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 3 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 4 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 5 East coast trains
- 6 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 7 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 8 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 9 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 10 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 11 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 12 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 13 RHK's heading to Europe
- 14 Backpacking through Europe
- 15 Planning my trip to Italy
- 16 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 17 Serbia photo gallery - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- 18 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 19 Driving in Genoa
- 20 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 21 Italian languaje course in Rome, acomodation advice
- 22 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 23 Istanbul Hotels
- 24 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 25 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome