I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Back from Paris
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 9 Summer Travel order
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Brugge hotel help
- 13 Luggage Storage
- 14 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 19 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 LIsbon
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 International Flight Question
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt