I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 4 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 7 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 10 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 11 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 12 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 13 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 14 Skye to Edinburgh
- 15 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 16 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 Flat in London
- 19 Trip to Rome
- 20 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 21 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 22 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 23 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 24 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 25 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik