I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 4 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 7 Scotland and London 21 days
- 8 Venice
- 9 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 11 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 12 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 13 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 14 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 15 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 18 Capri in July
- 19 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 20 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 21 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 22 help with Italy itinerary
- 23 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 24 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 25 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain