I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 2 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 3 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 4 Car rental return Nice
- 5 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 6 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 7 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 8 Paris to Morocco
- 9 Best routeLago maggiore to Dolcedo--where to stop
- 10 Netflix and Hulu
- 11 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 12 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 13 Rental car return in Nice
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 16 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 17 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 18 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 19 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 20 Amsterdam B&B
- 21 Visit to the Hoegaarde Brewery in June?
- 22 Sicily/Malta - Insight Vacations
- 23 http://www.thecrazymass.com/nouvalift-instant-wrinkle-reducer/
- 24 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 25 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)