I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 2 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 French restaurants
- 7 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 8 Granada to Madrid
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 11 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 12 Tour groups
- 13 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 14 Baby Milk
- 15 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 16 Layover Düsseldorf?
- 17 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 18 English Countryside
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Corsica trekking late 2017
- 23 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 24 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 25 Driving in Italy?