I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 2 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 3 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 4 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 5 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 6 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 7 Tuscany literature
- 8 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 9 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 10 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 11 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 12 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 13 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 14 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 15 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 16 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 17 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 18 wandering in venice
- 19 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 20 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 21 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 22 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 23 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 24 Final Itinerary help
- 25 Finalizing Itinerary