I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
10 days in belgium and western germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!