I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
10 days in belgium and western germany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 2 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 3 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 4 bath or york
- 5 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 6 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 7 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 8 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 9 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 10 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 11 Hotel in Venice
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Paris to Rome
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 21 London tube
- 22 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 23 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 24 Lavender Fields
- 25 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before