My friends and I are flying from Toronto to the UK to attend a wedding in Dundee, north of Edinburgh in the beginning of May. We were thinking of flying into London or Birmingham, and then driving to Bristol to visit friends for 2 nights.
From Bristol, we would road trip up to Edinburgh for the wedding, and then fly home from Glasgow. Hoping you guys can provide me with some tips, including best places to stay, must-visit attractions, etc.:
1. Can we get a one-way car hire from London/Birmingham airport and then drop off in Glasgow? If so, which company has the most cost-efficient (ie. cheap) service? Do we need to get a separate insurance?
2. As it stands, here is our schedule. Please provide feedback if possible
Saturday-Sunday: Fly into London/Birmingham, drive to Bristol. Visit Bristol/Bath - anywhere else in the area worth seeing?
Monday-Wednesday: Drive to Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool - where is the cheapest/most charming area to stay? I'm assuming Manchester is pretty expensive.. is it better to stay at a B&B in Stoke, and do day trips to Manchester/Liverpool?
Thursday-Saturday: Drive to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh - anywhere else worth visiting?
Saturday-Sunday: Drive to Dundee. Wedding.
Sunday: Drive to Glasgow.
Monday: Fly home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Lisbon trip report
- 4 restaurants in Marais district
- 5 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 6 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 7 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 8 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Planning a European Trip
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 25 Springtime Adventure in Europe