My friends and I are flying from Toronto to the UK to attend a wedding in Dundee, north of Edinburgh in the beginning of May. We were thinking of flying into London or Birmingham, and then driving to Bristol to visit friends for 2 nights.
From Bristol, we would road trip up to Edinburgh for the wedding, and then fly home from Glasgow. Hoping you guys can provide me with some tips, including best places to stay, must-visit attractions, etc.:
1. Can we get a one-way car hire from London/Birmingham airport and then drop off in Glasgow? If so, which company has the most cost-efficient (ie. cheap) service? Do we need to get a separate insurance?
2. As it stands, here is our schedule. Please provide feedback if possible
Saturday-Sunday: Fly into London/Birmingham, drive to Bristol. Visit Bristol/Bath - anywhere else in the area worth seeing?
Monday-Wednesday: Drive to Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool - where is the cheapest/most charming area to stay? I'm assuming Manchester is pretty expensive.. is it better to stay at a B&B in Stoke, and do day trips to Manchester/Liverpool?
Thursday-Saturday: Drive to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh - anywhere else worth visiting?
Saturday-Sunday: Drive to Dundee. Wedding.
Sunday: Drive to Glasgow.
Monday: Fly home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 2 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 5 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 6 10 day Italy
- 7 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 8 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 9 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 10 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 11 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 12 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 13 Planning a European Trip
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 16 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Ireland
- 19 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 No Periods in British Written English!
- 22 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 23 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 24 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 25 Santorini lodging