My friends and I are flying from Toronto to the UK to attend a wedding in Dundee, north of Edinburgh in the beginning of May. We were thinking of flying into London or Birmingham, and then driving to Bristol to visit friends for 2 nights.
From Bristol, we would road trip up to Edinburgh for the wedding, and then fly home from Glasgow. Hoping you guys can provide me with some tips, including best places to stay, must-visit attractions, etc.:
1. Can we get a one-way car hire from London/Birmingham airport and then drop off in Glasgow? If so, which company has the most cost-efficient (ie. cheap) service? Do we need to get a separate insurance?
2. As it stands, here is our schedule. Please provide feedback if possible
Saturday-Sunday: Fly into London/Birmingham, drive to Bristol. Visit Bristol/Bath - anywhere else in the area worth seeing?
Monday-Wednesday: Drive to Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool - where is the cheapest/most charming area to stay? I'm assuming Manchester is pretty expensive.. is it better to stay at a B&B in Stoke, and do day trips to Manchester/Liverpool?
Thursday-Saturday: Drive to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh - anywhere else worth visiting?
Saturday-Sunday: Drive to Dundee. Wedding.
Sunday: Drive to Glasgow.
Monday: Fly home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Whathello Paris
- 2 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 3 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 4 Rome -- The next time around
- 5 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 6 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Transport for local Venice travel
- 10 November in Rome
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Campania in June, July, September
- 13 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 17 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 18 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 19 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 20 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 21 Germany or Sweden
- 22 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 23 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 24 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?