My friends and I are flying from Toronto to the UK to attend a wedding in Dundee, north of Edinburgh in the beginning of May. We were thinking of flying into London or Birmingham, and then driving to Bristol to visit friends for 2 nights.
From Bristol, we would road trip up to Edinburgh for the wedding, and then fly home from Glasgow. Hoping you guys can provide me with some tips, including best places to stay, must-visit attractions, etc.:
1. Can we get a one-way car hire from London/Birmingham airport and then drop off in Glasgow? If so, which company has the most cost-efficient (ie. cheap) service? Do we need to get a separate insurance?
2. As it stands, here is our schedule. Please provide feedback if possible
Saturday-Sunday: Fly into London/Birmingham, drive to Bristol. Visit Bristol/Bath - anywhere else in the area worth seeing?
Monday-Wednesday: Drive to Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool - where is the cheapest/most charming area to stay? I'm assuming Manchester is pretty expensive.. is it better to stay at a B&B in Stoke, and do day trips to Manchester/Liverpool?
Thursday-Saturday: Drive to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh - anywhere else worth visiting?
Saturday-Sunday: Drive to Dundee. Wedding.
Sunday: Drive to Glasgow.
Monday: Fly home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT 1-800-982-8520 TECHNICAL CAre
- 4 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 5 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 6 Edinbrugh
- 7 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 8 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 9 Swimming to Paris
- 10 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 13 Scotland itinerary help
- 14 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Istria in two days
- 18 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 19 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 22 Hiking in Switzerland
- 23 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 24 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 25 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)