We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long in Venice?
- 2 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 3 Message for Ackislander
- 4 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 5 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 6 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 7 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 8 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 9 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 10 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 11 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 12 atm cards in Spain
- 13 First Time Going to Europe
- 14 Traditional food in Athens
- 15 Would it be less expensive to buy a SIM card for Italy?
- 16 Cotswolds village base
- 17 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 18 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 19 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 20 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 21 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 22 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 23 weather in Veneto area in September
- 24 Germany Visa for conference
- 25 Hotel in Rome?