We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 2 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 3 England & Scotland in April
- 4 Rome Areas to stay
- 5 Transport in Venice
- 6 In France, French Summer Camps For Kids
- 7 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 8 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 9 Kimhe--flamenco
- 10 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 11 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 12 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 13 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 14 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 15 St Germain
- 16 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 17 Lakes District UK
- 18 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 19 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 20 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 21 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 22 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 23 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 24 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 25 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives