We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 2 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 3 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 4 Istanbul Itinerary
- 5 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 6 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 7 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 8 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 9 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 10 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 11 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 12 7 Nights in Paris
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 15 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 16 Why don't the French want to work?
- 17 Driving from Italy to France
- 18 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 19 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 20 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 21 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 22 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 23 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 24 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 25 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center