We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 2 dining in Brussels
- 3 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 4 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 5 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 6 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 7 using airbnb for the first time...
- 8 Madrid: City Views
- 9 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 10 plug adapters ITALY
- 11 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 12 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 13 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 14 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 15 How to make this adventure work?
- 16 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 17 How much luggage?????
- 18 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 19 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 20 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 21 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 22 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 23 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 24 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 25 Vienna State Opera Tickets