We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 2 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 3 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 4 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 5 Pronunciation
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Golfing in Ireland
- 8 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 9 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 10 What still confounds you about travel?
- 11 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 12 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 13 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 14 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 15 Santorini
- 16 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 17 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 18 Foie gras, redux
- 19 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Chip but no PIN
- 22 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 23 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 24 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 25 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona