We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 2 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 3 Reputable Tours
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 6 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 7 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 8 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 9 Germany Questions
- 10 How to sky dive without a valid parachute
- 11 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 12 Museums in Berlin
- 13 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 14 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 17 Scotland November 2015
- 18 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 19 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015
- 20 Salzburg and day trips
- 21 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 22 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 23 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 24 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe