We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
- 1 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 2 HELP stuck in Italy
- 3 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 4 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 5 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 6 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 7 Cuenca or Toledo
- 8 Wimpy's
- 9 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 10 semi escorted tours
- 11 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 France: CDG to Beaune
- 14 Oceania Cruises - Anyone ever gone on one of these?
- 15 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 16 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 17 Holiday rental home in Wengen
- 18 Selva Gardena to Lake Como - Where to stay in between?
- 19 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 20 Easiest way to get to Cinque Terre
- 21 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 22 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 23 Nice
- 24 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 25 trip