We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Castle/Abbey Ruins in Wales - Night Access
- 2 scotland trave;
- 3 Paris Art Galleries
- 4 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 5 Paris Bastille Day
- 6 car rental agency
- 7 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband
- 8 Driver/Car Transfer from Pisa to Cinque Terre
- 9 3 Full Days in Paris... What are the must sees?
- 10 Amsterdam Hotel or B&B Recommendation
- 11 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 12 Croatia help
- 13 River Cruise
- 14 Accommodation
- 15 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 16 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 17 Stockholmsmässan Exhibition and Convention Center to nearest airport
- 18 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 19 Advice on Romania Itinerary
- 20 Underground Ticket Office Closures---Effects Yet?
- 21 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 22 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 23 Southwest Ireland - 3 Nights
- 24 Airb2b in Paris
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help