We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 2 Reykjavik hotels
- 3 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 4 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 5 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 9 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 10 Norway 2014
- 11 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 12 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 13 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 14 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 15 I dream of Europe
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 18 First Time to UK since 2001
- 19 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 20 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 21 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 22 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 23 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 24 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 25 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...