We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 2 Eiffel tower tickets
- 3 4-6 weeks
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Help With Vienna
- 7 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 11 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Venice Banning Fodors
- 17 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 18 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 19 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 20 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 21 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 22 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 23 France, Italy and Greec
- 24 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014