We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 2 Italian Lakes gardens
- 3 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 4 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Dresden Train Station
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 17 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 River cruises
- 23 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Week in Interlaken at end of February