We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
View all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 3 Arsenal Football Jersey
- 4 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 5 rent car / Munich
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 12 Madrid to Sevilla
- 13 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 14 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 15 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 16 A full week in The Netherlands
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Ireland in a week
- 21 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 24 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome