We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 2 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 3 France 8 days
- 4 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 5 Alhambra questions
- 6 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 7 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 8 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 9 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 10 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 11 Lake Bled vs. Soca Valley
- 12 Baltic cruise ports
- 13 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 14 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 15 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 18 Back to Provence in 2015
- 19 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 20 Sicily and Aeolian Island TRAVELLING SOLO
- 21 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 22 Planning for a Budget Trip to Jersey, Channel Islands
- 23 Mont St. Michele?
- 24 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 25 Hotels in old Rome