We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 History, culinary, art and wine in Porto
- 2 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 3 Keukenhof from Shiphol
- 4 We are here! Moscow!
- 5 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 6 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 7 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 8 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 9 Sammezzano update
- 10 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 11 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 12 ideas for Portugal please
- 13 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 14 Catalonia
- 15 Macarons!
- 16 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 17 Transportation in Paris
- 18 airport transportation
- 19 2 Days in Brussels
- 20 Help with 6 days in Switzerland
- 21 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 22 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 23 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 24 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 25 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris