We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 21 Days in Central Europe
- 4 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 5 London visit
- 6 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 7 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 8 My itinerary for Greece
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 11 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 12 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 13 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 14 London 2nd time around
- 15 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 16 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 17 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 18 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 19 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 20 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 21 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 22 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 23 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online