We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain
- 2 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 3 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 4 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 7 Spain traffic tickets
- 8 Reputable Tours
- 9 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 10 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 11 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 12 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Best Location to Stay in Barcelona
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 17 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 18 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 19 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 20 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 21 Portugal Trip
- 22 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 23 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany