We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Paris in April?
- 4 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 5 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 car rental companies Italy
- 11 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 12 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Toulouse and beyond -
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 18 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 23 London hotel
- 24 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 25 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague