We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 2 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 3 Apartment in Italy
- 4 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 5 Germany for 3 weeks
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 7 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 8 Which Florence hotel?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 12 Gluten Free in Italy
- 13 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 14 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 15 Ireland's west coast
- 16 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 19 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 20 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 21 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 22 Gluten free options in Spain?
- 23 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 24 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 25 One Week in Amsterdam with Children