We are two females who usually travel to a Caribbean island every year. We are celebrating two events this year (my friend has received her bachelors degree in nursing, and I am celebrating my 60th birthday). We want to plan a 10 day trip including Venice, Florence, and Rome. We initially thought about taking the safe route and going with a tour; after further consideration, we want to travel independently. We would like to start in Venice and end in Rome. Any advice on places to stay, train travel between destinations (is it feasible for us since we have never traveled in Europe?), places to eat (we are not into high end restaurants, just local authentic food and wine experiences), tour advice... Is it worth it to hire a travel consultant to assist with planning and reservations? Any advice from seasoned travelers to Italy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!
10 day trip to Italy August-September, 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 2 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 3 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 4 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 5 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 6 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 7 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 8 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 9 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 10 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 11 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 12 European Trivial Trivia!
- 13 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 14 Eleanor's Pages
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 English ruined castles
- 17 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 18 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 19 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 20 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 21 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 22 Luggage sizing
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 Moving to Belfast
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help