My friend and I are doing a 10-day road trip starting on May 28th from Munich. We plan to drive south through Innsbruck in Austria into the Dolomites on our way to Venice. Then we want to head west towards Lake Gorda, go north around the lake and then south towards Milan. From there we plan to head to Lake Como, Lucerne, Zurich and back to Munich by June 6th. We love non-touristy little towns, local culture, scenic drives, good food, wine, music and fun, interesting places. Any suggestions for interesting detours, towns to visit, and places to see would be welcome. We are not booking any hotels and want to spend the night wherever it "feels right". However, we would prefer to stay in nice and comfortable B-n-B's and smaller, quaint hotels and not large luxury chains. Thanks for providing any guidance on this aspect of our travel also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 4 Sim Card
- 5 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 6 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 7 Airline to Rome
- 8 Finland around Christmas time?
- 9 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 10 Athens Help
- 11 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 12 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 13 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 16 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 17 Transport for local Venice travel
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Borghese Gallery Question
- 21 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 SE ITALY
- 24 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 25 Granada in April; add Malaga?
10-Day Road Trip From Germany Through Austria, Italy & Switzerland