My friend and I are doing a 10-day road trip starting on May 28th from Munich. We plan to drive south through Innsbruck in Austria into the Dolomites on our way to Venice. Then we want to head west towards Lake Gorda, go north around the lake and then south towards Milan. From there we plan to head to Lake Como, Lucerne, Zurich and back to Munich by June 6th. We love non-touristy little towns, local culture, scenic drives, good food, wine, music and fun, interesting places. Any suggestions for interesting detours, towns to visit, and places to see would be welcome. We are not booking any hotels and want to spend the night wherever it "feels right". However, we would prefer to stay in nice and comfortable B-n-B's and smaller, quaint hotels and not large luxury chains. Thanks for providing any guidance on this aspect of our travel also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 2 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 3 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 4 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Itinerary help...
- 7 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 8 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 9 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 10 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 11 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 12 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 13 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 14 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 15 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 16 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 19 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 20 A week in Paris
- 21 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 22 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 23 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 24 2 week itinery
- 25 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
10-Day Road Trip From Germany Through Austria, Italy & Switzerland