My friend and I are doing a 10-day road trip starting on May 28th from Munich. We plan to drive south through Innsbruck in Austria into the Dolomites on our way to Venice. Then we want to head west towards Lake Gorda, go north around the lake and then south towards Milan. From there we plan to head to Lake Como, Lucerne, Zurich and back to Munich by June 6th. We love non-touristy little towns, local culture, scenic drives, good food, wine, music and fun, interesting places. Any suggestions for interesting detours, towns to visit, and places to see would be welcome. We are not booking any hotels and want to spend the night wherever it "feels right". However, we would prefer to stay in nice and comfortable B-n-B's and smaller, quaint hotels and not large luxury chains. Thanks for providing any guidance on this aspect of our travel also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Moscow Favorites
- 4 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 5 Couscous
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 10 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 11 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 12 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 13 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 14 Guided Vatican Tours
- 15 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 18 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 19 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 3 nights in Madrid
- 24 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 25 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
10-Day Road Trip From Germany Through Austria, Italy & Switzerland