I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 2 UNICO CAMPANIA sets new fare structure effective 1/01/2015
- 3 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 4 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 5 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 6 Provence to Toulouse: Trip Planning Help Needed
- 7 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 8 Paris to Etretat Day Trip
- 9 Vimy Ridge to CDG airport.
- 10 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 11 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 12 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 13 Paris: Best Bistros
- 14 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 15 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 16 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 17 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 18 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 19 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 20 Saone River Burgundy self-drive barge need itinerary
- 21 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 22 Belgium - Amsterdam - Dusseldorf
- 23 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 24 UK's 6 month tourist visa
- 25 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip