I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 2 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 3 First Time to UK since 2001
- 4 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 5 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 11 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 12 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 21 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 22 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 25 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG