I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 2 Home Base in Belgium
- 3 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 4 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 5 South of Switzerland
- 6 Rocamaxour
- 7 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 8 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 9 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 10 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 11 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 14 Itinerary for Spain
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 17 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 18 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 19 2 different itineraries
- 20 Recommend a tour company?
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 England in 7 days
- 23 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 24 Day Trips from Paris
- 25 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?