I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 2 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 5 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 6 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 7 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 12 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 15 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 18 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 19 Christmas in salzburg
- 20 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 21 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 22 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 23 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 Italy through locals eyes