I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying not to look like a tourist
- 2 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 3 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 4 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 5 buying souviners and art
- 6 Barcelona or no ?
- 7 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 8 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 9 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Walking in Bologna
- 12 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 13 Your favorite hotels in Poland & Amsterdam?
- 14 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 15 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 16 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 17 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 18 Travel by train in Poland?
- 19 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 20 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 21 Tyrol - need general help
- 22 scotland trave;
- 23 Positano in high season???
- 24 Please help me plan my trip!
- 25 Breakfast in Tuscany - any options other than pastry & coffee?