I just recently found out I have some funding to have some work presented in Vienna, which will be my first time out of North America. After my events in Vienna I figure I have about 10-12 days before I have to fly back to Canada. I want to maximize it all -- who knows if I'll ever be able to afford to come back! I figure I should fly home from somewhere else--- should I travel by train to Salzburg, Munich, Zurich, with stops on the way, and fly home from Paris? But I want to see Prague too, and it would be great to see Berlin. Any suggestions, on where to go and good routes and means of transportation? I'm a culture nut, especially related to classical music and art and architecture, and also a nature nut.
10 day journey from Vienna for a first timer-- where should I go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 3 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 4 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 5 Trains in Europe
- 6 3 weeks in Sicily
- 7 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 8 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 9 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 12 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 15 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 16 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 17 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 25 Activ holiday in Andalusia