I would like to ask someone with experience or knowledge their feedback of my travel plans with my boyfriend.
We want to do a 10 day trip to Italy and were thinking of doing one of three options.
1st option: Arriving in Rome (4-5 nights), train to Florence (3 nights), train to Venice (1 or 2 nights) and then train to Milan only for departure (is Milan really worth seeing in these 10 days?)
2nd option would be the same as the first one, except the other way around. Arrive in Milan straight to Venice - Florence - Rome and depart from Rome
3rd option: Arrive in Rome (stay 4-5 nights), train to Napoli (worth staying for some nights?), then travel to Sorrento and Positano and explore some of that area, staying some nights there too. We would then take a train and depart from Rome as well. This option we haven't explored as much, so we need some help when it comes to how much time to spend in each place!
We would love all the feedback we can get on these three itinerary ideas! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 2 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 London Theater
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Europe itinerary questions
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg