My first post here and first time going to Ireland! An outline of my itinerary is below and I welcome all feedback. I'm most interested in things to do in and around these stops and whether I'm trying to do too much. I'm traveling alone and would like to see as much as I can and yet not feel rushed. I'm looking for a less 'touristy' experience and like the idea of staying in smaller towns and enjoying a pint or two at the local pub as much as possible.
Day 1: Arrive in Dublin early AM, rent a car and head out for Kilkenny, Cashel and eventually to Cork. Spend night in Cork (This is the leg I'm most concerned about feeling rushed)
Day 2: Explore Cork and surrounding area. Sleep in Cork
Day 3: Head to Kenmare (plan to arrive by mid/late afternoon). Sleep in Kenmare
Day 4: Head out early and drive the Ring of Kerry and then onto Dingle. Spend night in Dingle
Day 5: Explore Dingle & Dingle Peninsula. Spend night in Dingle.
Day 6: Drive to Galway (or Ennis) exploring County Clare and the Cliffs of Moher along the way. Sleep in Ennis or Galway. (Not entirely sure what to do here. I don't to rush County Clare.
Day 7: Explore Galway and/or Inishmore. Better to spend a night on Inishmore or just do a day trip?
Day 8: Drop off care and take train to Dublin. Sleep in Dublin.
Day 9 & 10: Dublin
Just typing it all out makes it feel like too much to fit in... We'll see! Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Iceland early december visit
- 5 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 God Save the Queen?
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Visiting Plitivce National Park