Hubby and I are planning for early September - 10 days. H loves to drive!! I am struggling with the itinerary as there is so much to see and not enough time!! This is H's 1st trip to Germany. I have visited before but it has been 30 years! Please comment on my rough itinerary. Thanks!
Day 1- F ... land in Frankfurt and drive to Bacharach (recover from jet lag)
Day 2 -S ... .stay in Rhine area
Day 3 - S.... stay in Rhine area
Day 4 - M... drive to Stuttgart (maybe stay in Tuginden?)
Day 5 -T .... visit Porsche Factory? (a life long ambition for H ... and I hear that this is worthwhile if you are a Porsche fan) and drive to Lake Constance area -maybe stay in Fussen
Day 6 - W ....visit Neuschwanstein Hohenschwangau Castles - again stay in Fussen
Day 7 -TH ... Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Zugspitze and stay in Garmisch?
Day 8 -F... stay in Munich
Day 9 - S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 10 -S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 11 -Monday - fly home ....
Thanks for any suggestions! Side trips? Things I am missing? I think that once I have a basic travel plan, I can fill it in, but I'm just not sure of the best way to go!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 2 Uber vs. TfL
- 3 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 4 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 5 One free day in Barcelona
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 An evening in London
- 10 NYT article
- 11 Sicily help
- 12 Rome to Venice
- 13 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 16 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 21 Rome -- The next time around
- 22 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 25 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen