Hubby and I are planning for early September - 10 days. H loves to drive!! I am struggling with the itinerary as there is so much to see and not enough time!! This is H's 1st trip to Germany. I have visited before but it has been 30 years! Please comment on my rough itinerary. Thanks!
Day 1- F ... land in Frankfurt and drive to Bacharach (recover from jet lag)
Day 2 -S ... .stay in Rhine area
Day 3 - S.... stay in Rhine area
Day 4 - M... drive to Stuttgart (maybe stay in Tuginden?)
Day 5 -T .... visit Porsche Factory? (a life long ambition for H ... and I hear that this is worthwhile if you are a Porsche fan) and drive to Lake Constance area -maybe stay in Fussen
Day 6 - W ....visit Neuschwanstein Hohenschwangau Castles - again stay in Fussen
Day 7 -TH ... Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Zugspitze and stay in Garmisch?
Day 8 -F... stay in Munich
Day 9 - S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 10 -S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 11 -Monday - fly home ....
Thanks for any suggestions! Side trips? Things I am missing? I think that once I have a basic travel plan, I can fill it in, but I'm just not sure of the best way to go!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. Petersburg plus
- 2 Honeymoon in Europe Nov-Dec2015
- 3 Our Paris plans
- 4 Sicily Trip
- 5 More concise itinerary-Rome, Tuscany, Paris
- 6 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 7 Northern Italy - Milan or Italian Lake District
- 8 Day trips from Monaco
- 9 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 10 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 11 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 12 Italy or France with a 15 month old in March?
- 13 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 14 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 15 Rome Walking Guide
- 16 Croatia-Dubrovnik-split 8 days
- 17 Thalys seat assignment hassle
- 18 Ny to St Tropez
- 19 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 20 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 21 8 hours Layover in Paris
- 22 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 23 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 24 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 25 Any experience with ebookers.com or mobissimo.com?