Hubby and I are planning for early September - 10 days. H loves to drive!! I am struggling with the itinerary as there is so much to see and not enough time!! This is H's 1st trip to Germany. I have visited before but it has been 30 years! Please comment on my rough itinerary. Thanks!
Day 1- F ... land in Frankfurt and drive to Bacharach (recover from jet lag)
Day 2 -S ... .stay in Rhine area
Day 3 - S.... stay in Rhine area
Day 4 - M... drive to Stuttgart (maybe stay in Tuginden?)
Day 5 -T .... visit Porsche Factory? (a life long ambition for H ... and I hear that this is worthwhile if you are a Porsche fan) and drive to Lake Constance area -maybe stay in Fussen
Day 6 - W ....visit Neuschwanstein Hohenschwangau Castles - again stay in Fussen
Day 7 -TH ... Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Zugspitze and stay in Garmisch?
Day 8 -F... stay in Munich
Day 9 - S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 10 -S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 11 -Monday - fly home ....
Thanks for any suggestions! Side trips? Things I am missing? I think that once I have a basic travel plan, I can fill it in, but I'm just not sure of the best way to go!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul tour guides?
- 2 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 5 Dublin Sites, Fun and Food
- 6 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 7 Not-too-expensive Bed & Breakfasts in Ranelagh (or central-ish) Dublin?
- 8 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 11 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 12 Another Book List for Italy
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 15 Italy - best two central locations
- 16 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 17 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 18 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 21 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 23 Lose The Weight ==>> http://funmac.com/purity-cleanse/
- 24 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 25 Please help with 7 day itinerary for Croatia