Hubby and I are planning for early September - 10 days. H loves to drive!! I am struggling with the itinerary as there is so much to see and not enough time!! This is H's 1st trip to Germany. I have visited before but it has been 30 years! Please comment on my rough itinerary. Thanks!
Day 1- F ... land in Frankfurt and drive to Bacharach (recover from jet lag)
Day 2 -S ... .stay in Rhine area
Day 3 - S.... stay in Rhine area
Day 4 - M... drive to Stuttgart (maybe stay in Tuginden?)
Day 5 -T .... visit Porsche Factory? (a life long ambition for H ... and I hear that this is worthwhile if you are a Porsche fan) and drive to Lake Constance area -maybe stay in Fussen
Day 6 - W ....visit Neuschwanstein Hohenschwangau Castles - again stay in Fussen
Day 7 -TH ... Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Zugspitze and stay in Garmisch?
Day 8 -F... stay in Munich
Day 9 - S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 10 -S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 11 -Monday - fly home ....
Thanks for any suggestions! Side trips? Things I am missing? I think that once I have a basic travel plan, I can fill it in, but I'm just not sure of the best way to go!
10 Day German Driving Trip - Frankfurt to Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 2 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 3 Granada
- 4 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 5 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 8 First time Ireland trip
- 9 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 10 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 13 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 16 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 17 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 18 22 year olds in Europe
- 19 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 20 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 21 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Coffee in Naples
- 24 A Sardinia trip report
- 25 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy