Hubby and I are planning for early September - 10 days. H loves to drive!! I am struggling with the itinerary as there is so much to see and not enough time!! This is H's 1st trip to Germany. I have visited before but it has been 30 years! Please comment on my rough itinerary. Thanks!
Day 1- F ... land in Frankfurt and drive to Bacharach (recover from jet lag)
Day 2 -S ... .stay in Rhine area
Day 3 - S.... stay in Rhine area
Day 4 - M... drive to Stuttgart (maybe stay in Tuginden?)
Day 5 -T .... visit Porsche Factory? (a life long ambition for H ... and I hear that this is worthwhile if you are a Porsche fan) and drive to Lake Constance area -maybe stay in Fussen
Day 6 - W ....visit Neuschwanstein Hohenschwangau Castles - again stay in Fussen
Day 7 -TH ... Visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Zugspitze and stay in Garmisch?
Day 8 -F... stay in Munich
Day 9 - S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 10 -S ... Munich - visit friends and see sites
Day 11 -Monday - fly home ....
Thanks for any suggestions! Side trips? Things I am missing? I think that once I have a basic travel plan, I can fill it in, but I'm just not sure of the best way to go!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy museum tickets
- 2 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 3 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 6 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 7 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 8 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 12 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 13 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 14 What one thing in Paris?
- 15 Holiday in Austria
- 16 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 17 Rue des Rosiers
- 18 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 Switzerland in mid-April
- 21 sfo to europe
- 22 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 23 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 24 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 25 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos