My husband and I (29 & 30 yrs old) from NYC are planning an anniversary trip to Portugal in July (not a lot of lead time, I know). We want to see Porto, the Algarve and Lisbon and any surrounding areas we can see while there. We have tentative bookings at our hotels (using points), but just wanted to get your thoughts on our itinerary before we booked our flights. How does this look?
7/18/2012 Fly out from NY
7/19/2012 Arrive in Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/20/2012 See Duoro Valley; Overnight in Porto
7/21/2012 See Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/22/2012 Travel to Algarve, making Lagos our base; Overnight in Lagos
7/23/2012 Explore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/24/2012 Exolore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/25/2012 Travel to Lisbon; Overnight in Lisbon
7/26/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/27/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/28/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/29/2012 Fly out from Lisbon
Based on this would you add/subtract days from a place? We were orginally thinking of using trains to get from Porto to Algarve to Lisbon but are now leaning towards getting a car. Which is the better option? We can also get a car just for Porto and the Algarve and give up the car for our days in Lisbon.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 손오공 릴 게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 LIsbon
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 Corfu
- 9 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 10 Back from Paris
- 11 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 International Flight Question
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 18 Trip suggestion
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 21 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 22 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Dijon in December!
- 25 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris