My husband and I (29 & 30 yrs old) from NYC are planning an anniversary trip to Portugal in July (not a lot of lead time, I know). We want to see Porto, the Algarve and Lisbon and any surrounding areas we can see while there. We have tentative bookings at our hotels (using points), but just wanted to get your thoughts on our itinerary before we booked our flights. How does this look?
7/18/2012 Fly out from NY
7/19/2012 Arrive in Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/20/2012 See Duoro Valley; Overnight in Porto
7/21/2012 See Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/22/2012 Travel to Algarve, making Lagos our base; Overnight in Lagos
7/23/2012 Explore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/24/2012 Exolore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/25/2012 Travel to Lisbon; Overnight in Lisbon
7/26/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/27/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/28/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/29/2012 Fly out from Lisbon
Based on this would you add/subtract days from a place? We were orginally thinking of using trains to get from Porto to Algarve to Lisbon but are now leaning towards getting a car. Which is the better option? We can also get a car just for Porto and the Algarve and give up the car for our days in Lisbon.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One free day in Barcelona
- 2 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 3 PARIS
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Spain: train/rental car help
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Germany or Sweden
- 8 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 9 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 10 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Athens Help
- 17 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 18 "Too Much Cows"
- 19 Bordeaux to Nice
- 20 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 23 Rome -- The next time around
- 24 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 25 Rome to Venice