My husband and I (29 & 30 yrs old) from NYC are planning an anniversary trip to Portugal in July (not a lot of lead time, I know). We want to see Porto, the Algarve and Lisbon and any surrounding areas we can see while there. We have tentative bookings at our hotels (using points), but just wanted to get your thoughts on our itinerary before we booked our flights. How does this look?
7/18/2012 Fly out from NY
7/19/2012 Arrive in Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/20/2012 See Duoro Valley; Overnight in Porto
7/21/2012 See Porto; Overnight in Porto
7/22/2012 Travel to Algarve, making Lagos our base; Overnight in Lagos
7/23/2012 Explore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/24/2012 Exolore Algarve; Overnight in Lagos
7/25/2012 Travel to Lisbon; Overnight in Lisbon
7/26/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/27/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/28/2012 See Lisbon or day trip; Overnight in Lisbon
7/29/2012 Fly out from Lisbon
Based on this would you add/subtract days from a place? We were orginally thinking of using trains to get from Porto to Algarve to Lisbon but are now leaning towards getting a car. Which is the better option? We can also get a car just for Porto and the Algarve and give up the car for our days in Lisbon.
Thanks in advance!
10-12 day Itinerary for Portugal
- 1 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 2 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 3 Spain - Andalucia
- 4 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 5 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 8 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 9 One more last question on Bayeux
- 10 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 11 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 12 Medieval Tallinn
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 19 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Italian language schools
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 When to visit Provence updated info
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS