I am planning to spend 1 week in Europe with my wife and 2 kids (8 year and 3 year). Its our first trip to Europe. We are from Toronto Canada. I am spending 2 weeks in India and on our way back to Canada we want to spend one week in Europe.
We have seen enough snow in Canada so we want to see some warm pleasant wether 10+degree is ok. We want to see lush green landscapes (like Switcherland in summer). I know we should come in summer but we are tied up and this is the only time we have. We are not the big fan of old buildings and museums. We want to see beautiful land scapes. Green Valies, Mountains, rivers, nice villages, small old towns houses.
Please advice where we can go in Europe, that have what we are looking for in February.
After doing some research I shortlisted 3 countries.. Spain, Italy or Greece. I don't want to travel a lot during my 1 week visit. I don't mind traveling but not too much.
Please help me to finalize my vacation destination.
Also please let me know it I should rent a car or rely on public transport?
I have less than a month to finalize everything.
I know there are lot of experienced travellers out there who can guide me properly so i can get the best out of 1 week European trip.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with Teens Trip Report
- 2 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 4 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 5 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 6 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 10 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 11 Lake Como AREA questions
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 18 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 19 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 22 Greece
- 23 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Spain - day driver advice