I will be staying in Lisbon from July 22 - July 28. I've never been to Portugal and will be traveling by myself for the first time (a bit nervous, but excited).
I wanted to do a few day trips from Lisbon. I love, love beautiful beaches that are great for swimming, any outdoor activities (hiking, biking, etc.), walking around different, unique towns. The palaces look cool (ie, Pena Palace) but I'm not into museums. Love to try new food and cook - a cooking class would be awesome.
I live in NYC so I when I travel I like to see cities that do NOT remind me of NYC.
A few questions:
1. What day trips are feasible from Lisbon? Is Porto doable? Keep in mind, I have a high tolerance for long days and travel (ie, a 3 hr train ride super early and late for a day trip is okay -- I just want to make sure I'll be able to see a decent amount of the city).
2. What are some cool cities I should check out?
3. What are the best beaches for swimming?
4. Any good restaurant recommendations?
5. Any tour recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 Le Marche Research Help
- 6 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 14 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 Sintra
- 20 Venice Bell Tower
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 24 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice