I will be staying in Lisbon from July 22 - July 28. I've never been to Portugal and will be traveling by myself for the first time (a bit nervous, but excited).
I wanted to do a few day trips from Lisbon. I love, love beautiful beaches that are great for swimming, any outdoor activities (hiking, biking, etc.), walking around different, unique towns. The palaces look cool (ie, Pena Palace) but I'm not into museums. Love to try new food and cook - a cooking class would be awesome.
I live in NYC so I when I travel I like to see cities that do NOT remind me of NYC.
A few questions:
1. What day trips are feasible from Lisbon? Is Porto doable? Keep in mind, I have a high tolerance for long days and travel (ie, a 3 hr train ride super early and late for a day trip is okay -- I just want to make sure I'll be able to see a decent amount of the city).
2. What are some cool cities I should check out?
3. What are the best beaches for swimming?
4. Any good restaurant recommendations?
5. Any tour recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 2 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 3 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 4 Help with Ireland Trip
- 5 3 nights in Madrid
- 6 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 7 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 8 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 9 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 13 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 14 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 15 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 16 Cappadocia in June
- 17 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 18 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 19 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 22 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 23 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 24 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise