I will be staying in Lisbon from July 22 - July 28. I've never been to Portugal and will be traveling by myself for the first time (a bit nervous, but excited).
I wanted to do a few day trips from Lisbon. I love, love beautiful beaches that are great for swimming, any outdoor activities (hiking, biking, etc.), walking around different, unique towns. The palaces look cool (ie, Pena Palace) but I'm not into museums. Love to try new food and cook - a cooking class would be awesome.
I live in NYC so I when I travel I like to see cities that do NOT remind me of NYC.
A few questions:
1. What day trips are feasible from Lisbon? Is Porto doable? Keep in mind, I have a high tolerance for long days and travel (ie, a 3 hr train ride super early and late for a day trip is okay -- I just want to make sure I'll be able to see a decent amount of the city).
2. What are some cool cities I should check out?
3. What are the best beaches for swimming?
4. Any good restaurant recommendations?
5. Any tour recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in July
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 4 Acorn TV
- 5 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 8 Petrol in Greece
- 9 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 10 We're here!
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 15 Another tipping question: concierges
- 16 6-7 Days in France
- 17 International Flight Question
- 18 5 Days in Switzerland
- 19 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 20 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 23 Bremerhaven and environs
- 24 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 25 Van Gogh Museum advice