I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe, specifically in September for 1 month.
My friend and I have an itinerary started but are having trouble deciding if it is packing too many places in. We want to enjoy ourselves, but also try and see a good amount without getting exhausted or overwhelmed.
We are planning to purchase open jaw tickets to cut down on travel time. We are planning on flying into Amsterdam and departing out of Rome. As of right now we are only purchasing a pass from the Eurail and then local buss or train passes.
Thus far, the itinerary looks like this;
Alternatively, we would skip Budapest to give us extra time in each place, but both of us are really interested in visiting this beautiful city.
We considered going to Munich after Prague and cutting out both Vienna and Budapest, but we seem to be more interested in those places rather then Munich. We are also open to changing our plans, say we meet new friends and decide to take a detour to a different city. This is just a rough outline. As long as we make it to Rome by our departure date, we will be happy!
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 2 4 days itinerary for France
- 3 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 vienna
- 10 Questions about Polish sights
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 13 Bernina Express mid-March
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Italy
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 22 where to stay in London?
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?