I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe, specifically in September for 1 month.
My friend and I have an itinerary started but are having trouble deciding if it is packing too many places in. We want to enjoy ourselves, but also try and see a good amount without getting exhausted or overwhelmed.
We are planning to purchase open jaw tickets to cut down on travel time. We are planning on flying into Amsterdam and departing out of Rome. As of right now we are only purchasing a pass from the Eurail and then local buss or train passes.
Thus far, the itinerary looks like this;
Alternatively, we would skip Budapest to give us extra time in each place, but both of us are really interested in visiting this beautiful city.
We considered going to Munich after Prague and cutting out both Vienna and Budapest, but we seem to be more interested in those places rather then Munich. We are also open to changing our plans, say we meet new friends and decide to take a detour to a different city. This is just a rough outline. As long as we make it to Rome by our departure date, we will be happy!
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 4 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 5 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 6 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 7 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 8 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 9 Canal du Midi
- 10 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 13 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Perugia
- 16 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Praiano
- 19 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 20 Self drive tour companies
- 21 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 25 No Periods in British Written English!