I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe, specifically in September for 1 month.
My friend and I have an itinerary started but are having trouble deciding if it is packing too many places in. We want to enjoy ourselves, but also try and see a good amount without getting exhausted or overwhelmed.
We are planning to purchase open jaw tickets to cut down on travel time. We are planning on flying into Amsterdam and departing out of Rome. As of right now we are only purchasing a pass from the Eurail and then local buss or train passes.
Thus far, the itinerary looks like this;
Alternatively, we would skip Budapest to give us extra time in each place, but both of us are really interested in visiting this beautiful city.
We considered going to Munich after Prague and cutting out both Vienna and Budapest, but we seem to be more interested in those places rather then Munich. We are also open to changing our plans, say we meet new friends and decide to take a detour to a different city. This is just a rough outline. As long as we make it to Rome by our departure date, we will be happy!
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alsace to Austria?
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 Wales
- 4 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 5 Paris in early august
- 6 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 7 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 8 Italy travel plan help
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 11 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 12 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 13 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Budapest to Kosice
- 20 Poland to Austria In December
- 21 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 24 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 25 Drive from Lake Como to Venice