I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe, specifically in September for 1 month.
My friend and I have an itinerary started but are having trouble deciding if it is packing too many places in. We want to enjoy ourselves, but also try and see a good amount without getting exhausted or overwhelmed.
We are planning to purchase open jaw tickets to cut down on travel time. We are planning on flying into Amsterdam and departing out of Rome. As of right now we are only purchasing a pass from the Eurail and then local buss or train passes.
Thus far, the itinerary looks like this;
Alternatively, we would skip Budapest to give us extra time in each place, but both of us are really interested in visiting this beautiful city.
We considered going to Munich after Prague and cutting out both Vienna and Budapest, but we seem to be more interested in those places rather then Munich. We are also open to changing our plans, say we meet new friends and decide to take a detour to a different city. This is just a rough outline. As long as we make it to Rome by our departure date, we will be happy!
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 7 Italy June 6-16
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 10 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 11 hill of crosses
- 12 Austria Trip Report
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 Driving through Paris
- 16 Northern Ireland ideas
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Long weekend in Albania
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 23 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 24 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?