I was hoping I could get some help with planning my first big trip!
My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Ireland, England & Scotland in September 2014. We would be flying from Toronto to Dublin.
With 10 days per country should we rent a car in each country or take trains and transit? We would be fine with driving and would truthfully be more comfortable doing so. At home we're not big on transit.
Traveling from Ireland to England, would a flight or a ferry be our best option? And from England to Scotland, car or train? My boyfriend isn't the biggest fan of flying.
We would like to save as much money as possible but also want to be comfortable throughout the trip.
Look forward to some tips and perhaps some websites where I can gather prices.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 2 Train travel
- 3 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 4 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 5 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 8 DVD burning software
- 9 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 10 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 11 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 12 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 13 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 14 WWI Battlefields
- 15 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 16 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 17 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 18 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 19 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 20 Iceland 3 day layover
- 21 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 22 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Milos beach stay
- 25 Paris to Bordeaux