I was hoping I could get some help with planning my first big trip!
My boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Ireland, England & Scotland in September 2014. We would be flying from Toronto to Dublin.
With 10 days per country should we rent a car in each country or take trains and transit? We would be fine with driving and would truthfully be more comfortable doing so. At home we're not big on transit.
Traveling from Ireland to England, would a flight or a ferry be our best option? And from England to Scotland, car or train? My boyfriend isn't the biggest fan of flying.
We would like to save as much money as possible but also want to be comfortable throughout the trip.
Look forward to some tips and perhaps some websites where I can gather prices.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 2 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 9 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Ronda Wine/biking
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 16 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Praiano
- 22 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 23 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 24 Family vacation to europe
- 25 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?