I will be getting married this december after which I am planning a Eurotrip for my honeymoon. We are planning to visit Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. We will be visiting these countries for the first time so any help would be highly appreciated. We also had Slovenia in the list but took it out as couldn't plan an itinerary around it.
I have been doing a lot of research these past few weeks to find out what the top destinations in these countries are and how much time should be allocated to each. Please find below the itinerary that I came up with. I would highly appreciate it if you guys could let me know if I can improve on the below.
11th September – Prague
12th September – Prague
13th September – Prague
14th September – Prague
15th September – Prague
16th September – Cesky Krumlov
17th September – Cesky Krumlov
18th September - Salzburg
19th September - Salzburg
20th September - Salzburg
21st September - Vienna
22nd September - Vienna
23rd September - Vienna
24th September - Vienna
25th September - Brno
26th September - Brno
27th September - Brno
28th September - Bratislava
29th September - Bratislava
30th September – Bratislava
1st October – Lake Balaton
2nd October – Lake Balaton
3rd October – Lake Balaton
4th October – Pecs
5th October – Pecs
6th October – Budapest
7th October - Budapest
8th October - Budapest
9th October - Budapest
10th October - Budapest
I want thinking of doing some day-trips from Prague( Kutná Hora, Karlštejn Castle and Karlovy Vary), Vienna (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest), Brno (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest) , Bratislava (Not sure but was thinking of Devin castle etc? Please suggest) and Budapest(Please suggest).
I want to see as much of these countries as I possible can without making it tiresome. I obviously want my honeymoon to be as relaxing as possible but I also want to make sure I see as much as I can as I don't think I'll be able to visit these countries again.
We are planning to move via public transport. We both don't drink so vineyards etc will be of no interest.
I would be very grateful if you guys could help me improve this itinerary and possible give your suggestions as to how I can make it better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 17 French language immersion schools in France
- 18 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Trogir or Split