I will be getting married this december after which I am planning a Eurotrip for my honeymoon. We are planning to visit Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. We will be visiting these countries for the first time so any help would be highly appreciated. We also had Slovenia in the list but took it out as couldn't plan an itinerary around it.
I have been doing a lot of research these past few weeks to find out what the top destinations in these countries are and how much time should be allocated to each. Please find below the itinerary that I came up with. I would highly appreciate it if you guys could let me know if I can improve on the below.
11th September – Prague
12th September – Prague
13th September – Prague
14th September – Prague
15th September – Prague
16th September – Cesky Krumlov
17th September – Cesky Krumlov
18th September - Salzburg
19th September - Salzburg
20th September - Salzburg
21st September - Vienna
22nd September - Vienna
23rd September - Vienna
24th September - Vienna
25th September - Brno
26th September - Brno
27th September - Brno
28th September - Bratislava
29th September - Bratislava
30th September – Bratislava
1st October – Lake Balaton
2nd October – Lake Balaton
3rd October – Lake Balaton
4th October – Pecs
5th October – Pecs
6th October – Budapest
7th October - Budapest
8th October - Budapest
9th October - Budapest
10th October - Budapest
I want thinking of doing some day-trips from Prague( Kutná Hora, Karlštejn Castle and Karlovy Vary), Vienna (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest), Brno (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest) , Bratislava (Not sure but was thinking of Devin castle etc? Please suggest) and Budapest(Please suggest).
I want to see as much of these countries as I possible can without making it tiresome. I obviously want my honeymoon to be as relaxing as possible but I also want to make sure I see as much as I can as I don't think I'll be able to visit these countries again.
We are planning to move via public transport. We both don't drink so vineyards etc will be of no interest.
I would be very grateful if you guys could help me improve this itinerary and possible give your suggestions as to how I can make it better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visit to Engand
- 2 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 3 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 4 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Valencia, Spain
- 7 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 8 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 9 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 10 Train up the Jungfrau
- 11 Another Question re Scotland
- 12 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 13 Driver"s License & Language
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 credit and debit cards
- 17 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 20 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 21 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 22 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 23 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Airfare to Italy