I will be getting married this december after which I am planning a Eurotrip for my honeymoon. We are planning to visit Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. We will be visiting these countries for the first time so any help would be highly appreciated. We also had Slovenia in the list but took it out as couldn't plan an itinerary around it.
I have been doing a lot of research these past few weeks to find out what the top destinations in these countries are and how much time should be allocated to each. Please find below the itinerary that I came up with. I would highly appreciate it if you guys could let me know if I can improve on the below.
11th September – Prague
12th September – Prague
13th September – Prague
14th September – Prague
15th September – Prague
16th September – Cesky Krumlov
17th September – Cesky Krumlov
18th September - Salzburg
19th September - Salzburg
20th September - Salzburg
21st September - Vienna
22nd September - Vienna
23rd September - Vienna
24th September - Vienna
25th September - Brno
26th September - Brno
27th September - Brno
28th September - Bratislava
29th September - Bratislava
30th September – Bratislava
1st October – Lake Balaton
2nd October – Lake Balaton
3rd October – Lake Balaton
4th October – Pecs
5th October – Pecs
6th October – Budapest
7th October - Budapest
8th October - Budapest
9th October - Budapest
10th October - Budapest
I want thinking of doing some day-trips from Prague( Kutná Hora, Karlštejn Castle and Karlovy Vary), Vienna (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest), Brno (Nothing confirmed yet, Please suggest) , Bratislava (Not sure but was thinking of Devin castle etc? Please suggest) and Budapest(Please suggest).
I want to see as much of these countries as I possible can without making it tiresome. I obviously want my honeymoon to be as relaxing as possible but I also want to make sure I see as much as I can as I don't think I'll be able to visit these countries again.
We are planning to move via public transport. We both don't drink so vineyards etc will be of no interest.
I would be very grateful if you guys could help me improve this itinerary and possible give your suggestions as to how I can make it better.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 11 Naples + Walking Tour
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 18 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 London GTG May 19-25
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 London and Normandy