I was on here this time last year soaking up info from you all prior to my big US trip and you were all super helpful, so now I’m back to pick your brain about Europe.
I’ve done 2 months in Europe Jan-Feb before and covered all the big cities (Berlin, London, Rome, Prague etc) but this time I’m going for 1 month from mid-Aug to mid-Sep to experience a different side to Europe in the warmer months.
I’m writing to get everyone’s advice on what I can deduct from my draft itinerary as I can’t fit it all in – though I am known for fitting A LOT into a day, so will pack my month to the brim. We’re 22 year old Australians and don’t often sleep a lot on holiday!
I feel as though I don't need to see all of the places listed below in the one trip, as I feel many will double up. As beautiful as Greece, Croatia and Italy will be, we don't want to spend our whole holiday lounging on a beach so want to mix it up a little and get a good balance! We just want the best of those three - I'm thinking that we cannot fit Croatia as this requires at least a week.
- Start in Turkey. Few days in Istanbul and Cappadocia but am also interested in visiting Kabak Valley and Pamukkale. Thoughts?
- Get a taste of Greece via Santorini.
- Hungary, Budapest
- Croatia (Dubronovik?)
- Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Malta (Gozo and day trip to Comino)
- Barcelona, Spain
- Would love to see Portugal (Lisbon/Lagos) but don’t think time allows
And I think I’ll do short visits to Paris and Amsterdam again on the way home.
I used the Eurail last time I visited, but realise this time it won’t be quite as easy as many of the places I want to go do not have a Eurail train station.
This is disappointing as I'd much prefer train over plane!
Don't hold back - all opinions valid!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in London
- 2 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 3 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 Self drive tour companies
- 6 scotland
- 7 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Ischia
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 16 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 17 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 18 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 19 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?