I was on here this time last year soaking up info from you all prior to my big US trip and you were all super helpful, so now I’m back to pick your brain about Europe.
I’ve done 2 months in Europe Jan-Feb before and covered all the big cities (Berlin, London, Rome, Prague etc) but this time I’m going for 1 month from mid-Aug to mid-Sep to experience a different side to Europe in the warmer months.
I’m writing to get everyone’s advice on what I can deduct from my draft itinerary as I can’t fit it all in – though I am known for fitting A LOT into a day, so will pack my month to the brim. We’re 22 year old Australians and don’t often sleep a lot on holiday!
I feel as though I don't need to see all of the places listed below in the one trip, as I feel many will double up. As beautiful as Greece, Croatia and Italy will be, we don't want to spend our whole holiday lounging on a beach so want to mix it up a little and get a good balance! We just want the best of those three - I'm thinking that we cannot fit Croatia as this requires at least a week.
- Start in Turkey. Few days in Istanbul and Cappadocia but am also interested in visiting Kabak Valley and Pamukkale. Thoughts?
- Get a taste of Greece via Santorini.
- Hungary, Budapest
- Croatia (Dubronovik?)
- Amalfi Coast, Italy
- Malta (Gozo and day trip to Comino)
- Barcelona, Spain
- Would love to see Portugal (Lisbon/Lagos) but don’t think time allows
And I think I’ll do short visits to Paris and Amsterdam again on the way home.
I used the Eurail last time I visited, but realise this time it won’t be quite as easy as many of the places I want to go do not have a Eurail train station.
This is disappointing as I'd much prefer train over plane!
Don't hold back - all opinions valid!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting places to visit
- 2 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 7 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 11 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 12 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 13 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 14 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years