I have a week-long trip to Paris for work coming up this month and would love your ideas on my one free (half) day...not enough! But I'll take it.
I arrive Monday morning, 10am ish, so expect to arrive at the hotel in the 7th by noon -worst case.
What would you do from there? I've been to Paris before so no need to hit the big sights. I love strolling around, weather permitting, and am tempted to catch a concert at St Chapelle that evening. I love people watching, sitting at a cafe, finding tiny shops and bookstores, etc.
Any areas of town you'd explore for a few hours? Dinner recommendations for a solo traveler?
1 freedafter noon to "play" in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 2 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 3 London neighborhood suggestions
- 4 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 5 Spain tips beyond safety
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 8 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 9 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 10 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 17 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Prague flea markets
- 23 Tipping in Greece
- 24 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 25 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia