I have a week-long trip to Paris for work coming up this month and would love your ideas on my one free (half) day...not enough! But I'll take it.
I arrive Monday morning, 10am ish, so expect to arrive at the hotel in the 7th by noon -worst case.
What would you do from there? I've been to Paris before so no need to hit the big sights. I love strolling around, weather permitting, and am tempted to catch a concert at St Chapelle that evening. I love people watching, sitting at a cafe, finding tiny shops and bookstores, etc.
Any areas of town you'd explore for a few hours? Dinner recommendations for a solo traveler?
1 freedafter noon to "play" in Paris
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 2 Troubling in finding Rent villa Barcelona
- 3 scotland trave;
- 4 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 5 Best way to travel Barcelona-Greece
- 6 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 7 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 8 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 9 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 10 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 11 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 12 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 13 Hotel Belvedere Bellagio or Royal Victoria in Lake Como for May trip
- 14 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 15 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 16 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 17 Where to stay in London
- 18 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 19 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 20 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 21 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 22 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 23 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 24 Schladming, Austria
- 25 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help