We're under two months away from our cruise this summer, where we'll be traveling with our 21 month old. The ship will spend one day in the port of Villefranche (8 AM- 7PM) and I'm having trouble deciding how we should spend the day. After reading many posts on this board, there seems to be enough to do/see in Villefranche that we'd like to spend a few hours (maybe later afternoon prior to re-boarding the boat) walking around there. But we would still like to spend a few hours somewhere else. I've eliminated Eze from consideration because I think it will be too hilly to visit with a toddler. We're considering Nice but I'm concerned that it will be too spread out to spend a few hours in. I thought that Monte Carlo might be nice and more manageable to spend a few hours in but I've heard that there really isn't much to do or see there. Keep in mind that because we are bringing our toddler along, we don't have high expectations for in depth sightseeing on this trip (no museums this time around unless she is napping!)- we'd be happy just having a quaint/interesting town or area to stroll around in with a nice lunch spot. Another poster suggested St. Paul de Vence, which looks very nice but, again, I'm not sure how much there is to do there. Any advice would be appreciated!
1 day with toddler- Villefranche to Nice, Monte Carlo or somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Spain, Summer 2014 Itinerary Suggestions
- 3 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 4 Italy trip questions
- 5 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 6 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 7 Our Brief Bavarian Break: Christmas Markets
- 8 1st time in Paris - apartment advice
- 9 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 10 Airport bus Bilbao to San Sebastian and back
- 11 Where to stay Venice, Cinque Terre, Florence, Siena, and Rome.
- 12 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 13 Suggestion for travel memories
- 14 Would you recommend Sicily only or Puglia also for a 14-day trip?
- 15 Italy/Austria/Germany/France
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help
- 18 Budget family trip to Europe
- 19 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 20 Pyrenees logistics
- 21 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 22 Italy
- 23 Azores
- 24 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 25 Driving in Italy