We're under two months away from our cruise this summer, where we'll be traveling with our 21 month old. The ship will spend one day in the port of Villefranche (8 AM- 7PM) and I'm having trouble deciding how we should spend the day. After reading many posts on this board, there seems to be enough to do/see in Villefranche that we'd like to spend a few hours (maybe later afternoon prior to re-boarding the boat) walking around there. But we would still like to spend a few hours somewhere else. I've eliminated Eze from consideration because I think it will be too hilly to visit with a toddler. We're considering Nice but I'm concerned that it will be too spread out to spend a few hours in. I thought that Monte Carlo might be nice and more manageable to spend a few hours in but I've heard that there really isn't much to do or see there. Keep in mind that because we are bringing our toddler along, we don't have high expectations for in depth sightseeing on this trip (no museums this time around unless she is napping!)- we'd be happy just having a quaint/interesting town or area to stroll around in with a nice lunch spot. Another poster suggested St. Paul de Vence, which looks very nice but, again, I'm not sure how much there is to do there. Any advice would be appreciated!
1 day with toddler- Villefranche to Nice, Monte Carlo or somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snowboarding in Poland
- 2 Travel with Teens
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 14 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 17 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 18 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 19 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 20 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 21 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Airfare for summer travel to Europe