We're under two months away from our cruise this summer, where we'll be traveling with our 21 month old. The ship will spend one day in the port of Villefranche (8 AM- 7PM) and I'm having trouble deciding how we should spend the day. After reading many posts on this board, there seems to be enough to do/see in Villefranche that we'd like to spend a few hours (maybe later afternoon prior to re-boarding the boat) walking around there. But we would still like to spend a few hours somewhere else. I've eliminated Eze from consideration because I think it will be too hilly to visit with a toddler. We're considering Nice but I'm concerned that it will be too spread out to spend a few hours in. I thought that Monte Carlo might be nice and more manageable to spend a few hours in but I've heard that there really isn't much to do or see there. Keep in mind that because we are bringing our toddler along, we don't have high expectations for in depth sightseeing on this trip (no museums this time around unless she is napping!)- we'd be happy just having a quaint/interesting town or area to stroll around in with a nice lunch spot. Another poster suggested St. Paul de Vence, which looks very nice but, again, I'm not sure how much there is to do there. Any advice would be appreciated!
1 day with toddler- Villefranche to Nice, Monte Carlo or somewhere else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 2 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 3 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 4 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 7 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 8 Croatia itinerary
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 11 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 12 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 13 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 14 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 15 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 16 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 17 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 18 Visit to Bath and London england
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 10 days in England
- 21 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 22 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 25 Food in Paris-Dining out