So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 2 Evening transfer from Capri to Sorrento
- 3 Meteora/Kalambaka advice
- 4 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 5 Scotland
- 6 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 7 my itinary for Florence and Tuscany
- 8 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 9 tipping
- 10 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 11 Domme or Monpazier?
- 12 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 13 How to travel from Heathrow Airport to Bath,England
- 14 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 15 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 16 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 17 One week trip in early May in the fjords region in Norway
- 18 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 19 Switzerland itinerary
- 20 Moselle and Rhine by car in June
- 21 The DCC scam is spreading
- 22 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 23 Best street art tour in Berlin
- 24 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 25 What clothes?
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?