So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?