So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 2 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 3 Ludwig Castles
- 4 Escorted Tours
- 5 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 6 2 Months in Sicily
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Le Marche, Italy
- 10 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 13 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 14 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 15 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 16 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 17 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 18 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 19 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 20 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 21 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 22 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 23 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 24 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 25 Short Trip in July
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?