So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Madrid Location
- 2 Help for San Sebastian
- 3 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 4 Venice, just arrived
- 5 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 6 Central London Hotels
- 7 Flybe Airlines from Dublin to Southampton
- 8 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 9 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 10 3 days in Rome
- 11 2 Days in Rome
- 12 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 13 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 15 Help with 2 for 1 offers in London
- 16 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 17 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 18 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 19 23 days in Italy - itenerary HELP
- 20 8 days in Switzerland in October first week
- 21 Belated Paris trip report, May 16-24 2014 part 2: the actual trip
- 22 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 23 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 24 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 25 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?