So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 4 Iceland in 4 days?
- 5 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 6 Southern Italy
- 7 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 8 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 11 European Travel in March
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Barcelona extension
- 14 Ireland driving itinerary
- 15 Slovania & Croatia
- 16 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 17 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 18 Barcelona Car rental return
- 19 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 20 Manchester on derby weekend
- 21 BIKE AND BARGE
- 22 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 23 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 24 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 25 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?