So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 London vacation rental agency
- 7 Sim Card
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 9 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Borghese Gallery Question
- 12 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 13 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 14 SE ITALY
- 15 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 16 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 17 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 18 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 19 Sicily help
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 22 Towns around Lucca
- 23 Cork questions
- 24 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 25 Italy Vacation
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?