So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Self drive tour companies
- 2 info Faro & Algarve
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 5 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 6 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 7 May get together in Paris
- 8 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 11 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 12 Italian lakes
- 13 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Spain and South of France
- 16 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 17 renting car with automatic transmission
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 23 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 24 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 25 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?