I need some help. I am interested in a 1 day tour of Cappadocia. I do not have a lot of time in Turkey (only 4 days) and I would really like to see another part of the country. I chose Cappadocia over Ephesus because I have seen many Greek/Roman ruins around the Mediterranean and I would like to see something different) I have gotten responses from 2 tour companies saying that they want 305 euros for this tour including airport transfers , flights,lunch and tour. That comes to $383 USD. That seems rather expensive considering I can get a round trip domestic flight on Pegasus Air rom Istanbul to Cappadocia for the equivalent of $73 USD and round trip Istanbul airport transfer for $50 USD. So I was considering flying to Cappadocia myself for this lower price and getting a shuttle van to a tour agency to pick up a group tour. Does anyone have any experience getting shuttle vans from Kayseri airport in Cappadocia to the area where the tour agencies would be? Although this option might be a bit more of a headache, the difference in price I think would be significant..I really can't justify spending almost $400 USD on a single day trip when I can do most of the leg work myself and spend half the amount.
1 day tour from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. Petersburg
- 2 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 3 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 4 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 5 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 6 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 7 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 8 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 9 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 10 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 11 Madrid
- 12 Stops on a 1 week car tour from Athens
- 13 travel insurance
- 14 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 15 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 16 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 17 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 18 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 19 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 20 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 21 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 22 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 23 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 24 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 25 Camino No-No