I need some help. I am interested in a 1 day tour of Cappadocia. I do not have a lot of time in Turkey (only 4 days) and I would really like to see another part of the country. I chose Cappadocia over Ephesus because I have seen many Greek/Roman ruins around the Mediterranean and I would like to see something different) I have gotten responses from 2 tour companies saying that they want 305 euros for this tour including airport transfers , flights,lunch and tour. That comes to $383 USD. That seems rather expensive considering I can get a round trip domestic flight on Pegasus Air rom Istanbul to Cappadocia for the equivalent of $73 USD and round trip Istanbul airport transfer for $50 USD. So I was considering flying to Cappadocia myself for this lower price and getting a shuttle van to a tour agency to pick up a group tour. Does anyone have any experience getting shuttle vans from Kayseri airport in Cappadocia to the area where the tour agencies would be? Although this option might be a bit more of a headache, the difference in price I think would be significant..I really can't justify spending almost $400 USD on a single day trip when I can do most of the leg work myself and spend half the amount.
1 day tour from Istanbul to Cappadocia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 2 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 3 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 7 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 8 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 10 Three ferries to Mull
- 11 French Basque region
- 12 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 15 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 16 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 17 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 18 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 19 Story of the German Christmas star
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 22 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 23 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 American Express