I'm going to be staying at a hotel right near CDG for basically an entire day before going somewhere else and I'd like some ideas on a nice countryside place to go, or just a place that is not Paris.
I toyed with the idea of Normandy/Bayeux to see the beach, but I'm seeing conflicting information on how long it would take the get there. Some are saying from CDG to Normandy is like 2.5 hours because you have to go downtown first. Some are saying less than hour if you take the RER to Gare Du Norm\d and then RER to Gare St. Lazare.
Any clarification on this?
Anyways...are there any other nice towns or places to go by train or bus from CDG airport that are close by? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow