I'm going to be staying at a hotel right near CDG for basically an entire day before going somewhere else and I'd like some ideas on a nice countryside place to go, or just a place that is not Paris.
I toyed with the idea of Normandy/Bayeux to see the beach, but I'm seeing conflicting information on how long it would take the get there. Some are saying from CDG to Normandy is like 2.5 hours because you have to go downtown first. Some are saying less than hour if you take the RER to Gare Du Norm\d and then RER to Gare St. Lazare.
Any clarification on this?
Anyways...are there any other nice towns or places to go by train or bus from CDG airport that are close by? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 2 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 3 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 4 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 7 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 8 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Escargots in Paris
- 11 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 12 Acropolis Athens
- 13 Vacation in Great Britain
- 14 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 17 Interesting places to visit
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Trip Ideas
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Reliable tour companies for day trips?