I'm going to be staying at a hotel right near CDG for basically an entire day before going somewhere else and I'd like some ideas on a nice countryside place to go, or just a place that is not Paris.
I toyed with the idea of Normandy/Bayeux to see the beach, but I'm seeing conflicting information on how long it would take the get there. Some are saying from CDG to Normandy is like 2.5 hours because you have to go downtown first. Some are saying less than hour if you take the RER to Gare Du Norm\d and then RER to Gare St. Lazare.
Any clarification on this?
Anyways...are there any other nice towns or places to go by train or bus from CDG airport that are close by? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piedmont as a destination
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 4 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 5 Vatican City questions
- 6 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 2 weeks Europe trip
- 13 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 14 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 15 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 16 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 22 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 23 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 24 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 25 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help