My wife and I are scheduled on a Windstar Cruise over the New Year, St. Thomas R/T. We have cruised a fair amount on Ocean, River and Canals. We have come to really enjoy small low key enviroment. After some reaearch we think Windstar may be the cruise. However, I have read some mixed to bad reviews--has anyone sailed with them recently? I am also wondering about shore excursions,should we book early, should we book through Windstar or should we book independatly? (On our last Batic Cruise we booked independantly and found it very convenient.) I also would like to know about "extra costs". We were on a Celebrity cruise this past summer and were suprised by wine and beer costs(we had primairly sailed all inclusive on previous cruises). Are there extras I should know about other than shore excusions?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Steep cruise discounts
- 2 regent navigator showers
- 3 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 4 Staying active on a river cruise
- 5 Back from Epic cruise
- 6 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 7 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 8 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 11 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 12 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 13 Which cruise one to use??
- 14 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 15 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 16 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 17 Formal nights on cruise
- 18 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 19 Cruises for singles
- 20 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 21 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 22 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 23 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Tours in Greece