My wife and I are scheduled on a Windstar Cruise over the New Year, St. Thomas R/T. We have cruised a fair amount on Ocean, River and Canals. We have come to really enjoy small low key enviroment. After some reaearch we think Windstar may be the cruise. However, I have read some mixed to bad reviews--has anyone sailed with them recently? I am also wondering about shore excursions,should we book early, should we book through Windstar or should we book independatly? (On our last Batic Cruise we booked independantly and found it very convenient.) I also would like to know about "extra costs". We were on a Celebrity cruise this past summer and were suprised by wine and beer costs(we had primairly sailed all inclusive on previous cruises). Are there extras I should know about other than shore excusions?
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 RCCL Legend of the Seas
- 2 Carnival Ecstasy, Fun Times
- 3 Cruiseline's responsibility for customer injury
- 4 AMA Waterways River Cruises
- 5 Pavlus Travel
- 6 Newest Aida cruise ship AidaPrima
- 7 Passport to Pearl Harbor
- 8 Legend of the Seas
- 9 Have you sailed on the RC Legend of the Seas to the Southern Caribbean?
- 10 Shore excursions from Livorno, OTHER than Florence?
- 11 Transatlantic cruises late Oct. to mid-Nov. & Celebrity ship choice
- 12 choosing a stateroom on a ship
- 13 Sailing out of San Juan, PR
- 14 Alaska
- 15 "Shore Excursions in Italy.net"
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Hop on Hop Off Buses
- 18 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 19 Choosing a stateroom on Rhine River cruise
- 20 Sea Spirit to Antarctica
- 21 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 22 Alaska cruise excrusions
- 23 Carnival Miracle from LA to Mexico?
- 24 Bad experience on Carnival!!!!!!!
- 25 Roundtrip to Alaska or one way