We've never cruised with HAL. We're considering a 34 day cruise around S. America on the Veendam. The cabins look very small and cramped compared to Oceania which is the cruise line we usually travel with. So my question is.... What is the Ocean view cabin like? They say its a porthole in the front of the ship. Its 188 sq/ft/ Would that be rough if the sea were rough? The Lanai cabins have a sliding glass door out to a public deck. That doesn't sound like we'd have any privacy and it would risk someone entering our cabin if we forgot to lock the door. That cabin has only 181 sq/ft. I"d like some feedback about experiences with long cruises on HAL and/or on the Veendam. Do they have open or assigned seating at meals? Do they nickle and dime you to death with extra charges? Thanks for any input you might have.
Which HAL cabin??
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaska
- 2 Silversea the BEST
- 3 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 4 Mediterranean cruise
- 5 Civitavecchia port to rail
- 6 Nasca flight in Pisco
- 7 Finding a private tour guide for Tunis/Carthage
- 8 Caribbean Princess Trip Report 2014
- 9 Croatia Dalmatian Coast
- 10 Celebrity Solstice Nov.2012--Dubai/Singapore- Re visa for India??
- 11 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 12 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 13 Steep cruise discounts
- 14 transfers in Venice
- 15 Viking River Cruise--Portugal
- 16 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 17 Halloween cruise on Enchantment of the Sea
- 18 Experience on Noordam of Holland America
- 19 Short luxury cruise
- 20 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 21 Carnival Victory Halloween cruise
- 22 A Redhead in Antarctica
- 23 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 24 Finding bargain cruises out of NYC
- 25 Halong Bay Cruise Review: Violet from Heritage Lines