We've never cruised with HAL. We're considering a 34 day cruise around S. America on the Veendam. The cabins look very small and cramped compared to Oceania which is the cruise line we usually travel with. So my question is.... What is the Ocean view cabin like? They say its a porthole in the front of the ship. Its 188 sq/ft/ Would that be rough if the sea were rough? The Lanai cabins have a sliding glass door out to a public deck. That doesn't sound like we'd have any privacy and it would risk someone entering our cabin if we forgot to lock the door. That cabin has only 181 sq/ft. I"d like some feedback about experiences with long cruises on HAL and/or on the Veendam. Do they have open or assigned seating at meals? Do they nickle and dime you to death with extra charges? Thanks for any input you might have.
Which HAL cabin??
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 regent navigator showers
- 2 Steep cruise discounts
- 3 Deserved trip for my mother Mary on her birthday 60!!
- 4 Staying active on a river cruise
- 5 Back from Epic cruise
- 6 Shore excursions for New England/Canada
- 7 NCL In Talks To Buy Oceania And Regent...............
- 8 Voyager of the Seas - questions about room service and drink prices.
- 9 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 10 When can I see booking that was done through a travel agent?
- 11 Carnival Fun Shops liquor prices - more intoxicating than ever
- 12 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 13 Which cruise one to use??
- 14 Cruise ship deck plans reviews
- 15 French Country Waterways "Adrienne"
- 16 boston to bermuda in nov/dec with 1 yr old
- 17 Formal nights on cruise
- 18 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 19 Cruises for singles
- 20 Nov. cruise- Greek Islands, Rome Venice--what clothing to pack for daytime?
- 21 RCL's Southern Caribbean voyage on Explorer of the Seas
- 22 How to pack for South America/Antractica cruise
- 23 What are the most unusual items you pack for a cruise?
- 24 Mediterranean Cruise in October
- 25 Tours in Greece