We've never cruised with HAL. We're considering a 34 day cruise around S. America on the Veendam. The cabins look very small and cramped compared to Oceania which is the cruise line we usually travel with. So my question is.... What is the Ocean view cabin like? They say its a porthole in the front of the ship. Its 188 sq/ft/ Would that be rough if the sea were rough? The Lanai cabins have a sliding glass door out to a public deck. That doesn't sound like we'd have any privacy and it would risk someone entering our cabin if we forgot to lock the door. That cabin has only 181 sq/ft. I"d like some feedback about experiences with long cruises on HAL and/or on the Veendam. Do they have open or assigned seating at meals? Do they nickle and dime you to death with extra charges? Thanks for any input you might have.
Which HAL cabin??
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Are drinks packages worth buying?
- 2 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 3 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 4 Cruise: last minute price- 4 nights from Auckland to Melbourne 1 Feb 2016
- 5 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 6 Loved my Avalon Tulip Time River Cruise!
- 7 Anybody traveled on a Tom Harper European River Cruise?
- 8 Viking or Uniworld for Egypt/Nile
- 9 St. Petersburg, Russia Port Tour
- 10 Greece Italy Cruise
- 11 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 12 Ferry from Copenhagen to Oslo
- 13 southern caribbean shore excursions
- 14 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 15 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 16 Cruise room options for three people
- 17 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 18 Tauck Danube cruise
- 19 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 20 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 21 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 22 New charge on NCL
- 23 returning rental car in Southampton
- 24 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 25 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France