We've never cruised with HAL. We're considering a 34 day cruise around S. America on the Veendam. The cabins look very small and cramped compared to Oceania which is the cruise line we usually travel with. So my question is.... What is the Ocean view cabin like? They say its a porthole in the front of the ship. Its 188 sq/ft/ Would that be rough if the sea were rough? The Lanai cabins have a sliding glass door out to a public deck. That doesn't sound like we'd have any privacy and it would risk someone entering our cabin if we forgot to lock the door. That cabin has only 181 sq/ft. I"d like some feedback about experiences with long cruises on HAL and/or on the Veendam. Do they have open or assigned seating at meals? Do they nickle and dime you to death with extra charges? Thanks for any input you might have.
Which HAL cabin??
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Boston Before & After HAL Cruise
- 2 Grand Circle Rivers of Europe Cruise
- 3 NEED HELP CHOOSING SHIP
- 4 Queen Mary II Transatlantic Questions
- 5 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 6 Will we like European river cruises?
- 7 Tips for Royal Caribbean trip
- 8 carnival curise customer care are not customer care at all!!!!!
- 9 decisions decisions ... advise please
- 10 Celebrity Century Disaster Cruise
- 11 An Epic Adventure
- 12 Trip Report Windstar Panama Passage March 23 Sailing
- 13 Oceania-Marina-Scandinavian Treasures Cruise
- 14 Need some help finding the right cabin
- 15 Car Rental Marseille at Cruise Port
- 16 "Formal" Dinners on Coral Princess
- 17 queen mary question
- 18 Cruise themed music video filmed in the Bahamas
- 19 Back from Epic cruise
- 20 Vantage River Cruises vs. Viking River Cruises
- 21 Cozumel excursions
- 22 Alaska Cruise with 3 children 4, 8 & 10
- 23 Budget cruising in style: (5-day Carribean Cruise with Carnival)
- 24 Golf Cruise Hawaii?
- 25 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?