We are taking my 90 year old mother on a Crystal cruise from Florida through Panama Canal to Chile over Christmas holiday 2005, and was wondering what the temperature is like on the sea and in the ports. Will we need very warm clothes even though it is summer in the southern hemisphere? Also, what kind of formal wear for dinner is appropritate in the dining room at that season? Do all the woman wear dresses with bare shoulders? Is black worn at that time of year? My mother will not enjoy herself if she is not dressed like the other ladies. Please advise on suitable wear on and off the boat. Thanks for your time.
Weather on SouthAmerica cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Greece Italy Cruise
- 2 I have made a deposit on my first Cruise (RCI Panama Canal)
- 3 Gratutities on Quantum Class
- 4 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 5 Transportation options around Miami and Ft Lauderdale
- 6 Best time of year to avoid drunken crowds? Cruise lines to avoid?
- 7 Cruise room options for three people
- 8 12 Day Cruise with 2 Kids under 3
- 9 Tauck Danube cruise
- 10 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 11 First Time Alaska Cruise
- 12 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 13 New charge on NCL
- 14 returning rental car in Southampton
- 15 Aug 1, Baltic cruise on Caribbean Princess
- 16 Trip report: Viking Portraits of Southern France
- 17 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 18 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 19 Uniworld Bordeaux, Vineyard & Chateau vs. Burgundy & Provence River Cruise
- 20 July 8 Florence tour - join our group!
- 21 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 22 is Holland America meal plan worth it?
- 23 Assult on Golden Princess
- 24 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 25 Travel agency questions - Direct Line Cruises