We are taking my 90 year old mother on a Crystal cruise from Florida through Panama Canal to Chile over Christmas holiday 2005, and was wondering what the temperature is like on the sea and in the ports. Will we need very warm clothes even though it is summer in the southern hemisphere? Also, what kind of formal wear for dinner is appropritate in the dining room at that season? Do all the woman wear dresses with bare shoulders? Is black worn at that time of year? My mother will not enjoy herself if she is not dressed like the other ladies. Please advise on suitable wear on and off the boat. Thanks for your time.
Weather on SouthAmerica cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Refurbished Navigator of the Seas
- 2 Falmouth, Jamaica & Grand Cayman
- 3 car rental from Miami Port
- 4 Suggestion for accommodation/tour in Anchorage after 7 day Princess Cruise.
- 5 Alaska
- 6 Dresscode on HAL Alaska Cruise
- 7 Formal nights - something to look forward to or a nuisance?
- 8 Where to lookest price for 4-5 day cruise out of San Diego
- 9 RC's Legend of the Seas Cruise, Scandinavia/Russia
- 10 Another good experience on Carnival and a Disney first
- 11 Staterooms
- 12 Rick Steves on Emerald Princess
- 13 Sea sickness
- 14 Oh Royal Caribbean…I’m so disappointed in you.
- 15 An alternative to Rome when in Civitavecchia
- 16 How much are water Taxies in Venice?
- 17 Parking in Miami
- 18 Hard Time Choosing Between Two Itineraries
- 19 South Pacific
- 20 Any update on Navigator delay?
- 21 Celebrity Constellation
- 22 Please help with cruise planning.
- 23 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 24 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 25 Be careful out there ...