We are taking my 90 year old mother on a Crystal cruise from Florida through Panama Canal to Chile over Christmas holiday 2005, and was wondering what the temperature is like on the sea and in the ports. Will we need very warm clothes even though it is summer in the southern hemisphere? Also, what kind of formal wear for dinner is appropritate in the dining room at that season? Do all the woman wear dresses with bare shoulders? Is black worn at that time of year? My mother will not enjoy herself if she is not dressed like the other ladies. Please advise on suitable wear on and off the boat. Thanks for your time.
Weather on SouthAmerica cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Discount fares on Viking River Cruises?
- 2 Be cautious on MS Amadeus Elegant
- 3 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 4 Organised Trips from Celebrity's Equinox Cruise Liner
- 5 Norwegian Dawn Boston to Bermuda Cruise- June 27-July 4
- 6 Holland America Northbound Cruise - 7/13-7/20/14
- 7 river cruise cabins
- 8 Cape Horn Cruise
- 9 Power converters for onboard cruise
- 10 Alaska Cruise with Celebrity Solstice 7/11/14 - 7/18/14
- 11 STAY AWAY FROM VIKING
- 12 Douro or Danube for river cruise
- 13 Anyone ever used Vacations To Go?
- 14 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 15 Elia or Kalafatis beach on Mykonos
- 16 Cruise on the Galapagos Explorer II
- 17 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 18 a little worried about getting wet feet...1st ever cruise pending
- 19 Regent Seven Seas Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai - April, 2014
- 20 Sending an On-Board 'gift'?
- 21 Gate 1 River Cruise to Russia - Know anything about it?
- 22 Legend of the Seas - July 20th Shore Excursions?
- 23 Budgeting for on-board spending
- 24 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 25 First Time Cruiser -- Travel Agent Yes or No?