We are taking my 90 year old mother on a Crystal cruise from Florida through Panama Canal to Chile over Christmas holiday 2005, and was wondering what the temperature is like on the sea and in the ports. Will we need very warm clothes even though it is summer in the southern hemisphere? Also, what kind of formal wear for dinner is appropritate in the dining room at that season? Do all the woman wear dresses with bare shoulders? Is black worn at that time of year? My mother will not enjoy herself if she is not dressed like the other ladies. Please advise on suitable wear on and off the boat. Thanks for your time.
Weather on SouthAmerica cruise
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Spain Monaco & Italy with Britannia 11 April 2015 (15 nights)
- 2 Royal Caribbean Changes!!!!
- 3 Help with Glacier days on Alaskan cruise
- 4 Tunis terror attack. MSC and Costa in port, passengers possible victims.
- 5 Formal dress required?
- 6 The PINK But Still FUN Ugly Duckling
- 7 Main stage shows on the Getaway
- 8 River Cruising
- 9 Assult on Golden Princess
- 10 Review of Trip on Nat Geo Explorer - Antarctica,So. Georgia, and Falklands
- 11 Do NOT cruise with NCL unless...
- 12 Fredericia, Denmark - one day car rental ?
- 13 discount travel agents
- 14 Scuba diving in Nassau or Freeport? Is Atlantis worth the $$$
- 15 Beware of Grand Circle Travel and Overseas Adventure Travel
- 16 Barge cruises in France
- 17 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 18 Another cruise with GD, a little yea!
- 19 Viking River Cruise Disappoints
- 20 Cruise Planners Credit Card Data Breech
- 21 Alaska in summer
- 22 Majesty of the Seas
- 23 Holland America Southbound Cruise - early June
- 24 Transportation : Best way to get from Seattle airport to cruise ship
- 25 Cruise room options for three people