My family (7 members) and I are planning a Royal Caribbean 14 night Italian Mediterranean Cruise Trip in the coming week. The cruise sails from Southampton England and returns to Southampton England, for which I acquired a UK visa. However, I do not have a schengen visa. The vessel will be docking at the following ports in the schengen region: Nice, Rome, Florence, Malaga and Lisbon.
The last time I took a cruise trip with Royal Caribbean, our cruise sailed from SIngapore, docked at Penang and Langkawi, and returned to Singapore. At the time, I was granted Singaporean visa but not Malaysian. The vessel authorities took our passports on arrival and kept them till the end of the journey. I was able to visit Penang and Langkawi both, without my passport in hand and without the Malaysian visa.
Therefore, I was wondering if the same case applies to cruises in Europe? Can I get off at European ports, given I will not have my passport with me? I called royal caribbean's visa center but they weren't sure of the policy for non-US and non-Canadian citizens. My entire family holds US passports, including my husband and daughter, except me. It would be great if someone with similar experience could guide me.
(The bookings and tickets have been paid for) #RoyalCaribbean #Schengen #Europe #Italianmediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Alaskan cruise with young kids
- 2 My first river cruise 12-2017
- 3 A quick post to friends, not cruise related.
- 4 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Viking Review - Dont Buy the Hype
- 7 Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier
- 8 Tauck Small Ship Cruise to Portugal and Spain
- 9 Cunard vs. Oceania
- 10 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 11 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 12 Crazy cruise complaints.
- 13 Repositioning Cruise
- 14 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 15 HAL Koningsdam anyone recently?
- 16 Quebec,Nivea Sofia,new Foundland cries?
- 17 Regent Seven Seas Explorer - anyone been?
- 18 Jazz Cruise 2017
- 19 Kudos to Royal Caribbean and SW airlines
- 20 We're “Country Cruising”.. And Lovin It!
- 21 Booking a return flight before noon?
- 22 from civitavecchia port to city of Rome
- 23 Considering a Tauck river cruise
- 24 HAL - "Open Seating Notification"
- 25 Azamara OR Oceania...Rome to Venice