My family (7 members) and I are planning a Royal Caribbean 14 night Italian Mediterranean Cruise Trip in the coming week. The cruise sails from Southampton England and returns to Southampton England, for which I acquired a UK visa. However, I do not have a schengen visa. The vessel will be docking at the following ports in the schengen region: Nice, Rome, Florence, Malaga and Lisbon.
The last time I took a cruise trip with Royal Caribbean, our cruise sailed from SIngapore, docked at Penang and Langkawi, and returned to Singapore. At the time, I was granted Singaporean visa but not Malaysian. The vessel authorities took our passports on arrival and kept them till the end of the journey. I was able to visit Penang and Langkawi both, without my passport in hand and without the Malaysian visa.
Therefore, I was wondering if the same case applies to cruises in Europe? Can I get off at European ports, given I will not have my passport with me? I called royal caribbean's visa center but they weren't sure of the policy for non-US and non-Canadian citizens. My entire family holds US passports, including my husband and daughter, except me. It would be great if someone with similar experience could guide me.
(The bookings and tickets have been paid for) #RoyalCaribbean #Schengen #Europe #Italianmediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 http://healthforeverplus.com/endovex/
- 2 La Pinta or Santa Cruz II - Galapagos
- 3 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 4 Alaska or Galagpagos - Family of 4
- 5 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 6 Alaska Cruise
- 7 Need Input Shore Excursion -- Cannes
- 8 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 9 Viking Homelands cruise of Baltic
- 10 European cruise suggestions?
- 11 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 12 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 13 Going!
- 14 Barcelona: Pier to Airport Transfer
- 15 Ist time cruiser on Carnival Liberty Bahamas
- 16 Viking cruise in early October
- 17 Trip insurance
- 18 Husband is a green card holder
- 19 Virgin to build cruise ships.
- 20 Hello, San Juan and Jewel Of The Seas
- 21 Clothes for Baltic cruise
- 22 Sunshine, On A Cloudy Day
- 23 Quick cruise beginning of March Bahamas vs Carribbean
- 24 Southern Caribbean Cruise tips - Celebrity
- 25 How do you decide if you would lie a cruise?