My family (7 members) and I are planning a Royal Caribbean 14 night Italian Mediterranean Cruise Trip in the coming week. The cruise sails from Southampton England and returns to Southampton England, for which I acquired a UK visa. However, I do not have a schengen visa. The vessel will be docking at the following ports in the schengen region: Nice, Rome, Florence, Malaga and Lisbon.
The last time I took a cruise trip with Royal Caribbean, our cruise sailed from SIngapore, docked at Penang and Langkawi, and returned to Singapore. At the time, I was granted Singaporean visa but not Malaysian. The vessel authorities took our passports on arrival and kept them till the end of the journey. I was able to visit Penang and Langkawi both, without my passport in hand and without the Malaysian visa.
Therefore, I was wondering if the same case applies to cruises in Europe? Can I get off at European ports, given I will not have my passport with me? I called royal caribbean's visa center but they weren't sure of the policy for non-US and non-Canadian citizens. My entire family holds US passports, including my husband and daughter, except me. It would be great if someone with similar experience could guide me.
(The bookings and tickets have been paid for) #RoyalCaribbean #Schengen #Europe #Italianmediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Dinner attire for Alaska Cruise
- 2 new england/canada cruise
- 3 Cruising the Baltic in June
- 4 Anytime Dining on Princess
- 5 Travelling by Freightrer Ship - Trip Report
- 6 Holland America Line Koningsdam 23/7/2017
- 7 Hs anyone here done a transpacific cruise on Seabourn?
- 8 12 day Mediterranean cruise
- 9 Alaska Cruise
- 10 Transportation to Mendenhall Glacier
- 11 St. Peter Port & Hauteville House
- 12 Has anyone sailed with Ponant?
- 13 Alaska- Icy straight point
- 14 Hotel in mid-town or near cruise pier?
- 15 Alaska Shore excursion on the cheap
- 16 Africa Cape Town to Capetown
- 17 Seeking Cozumel Advice
- 18 Chase Sapphire Card has $10.000 worth of comprehensive travel insurance
- 19 Three’s Still a Charm: New Review of Allure of the Seas
- 20 Tauck River Cruises
- 21 Caution if considering Viking River Cruises
- 22 Viking Southern Med. Ports
- 23 Best cruise ship for solo cruise to Alaska?
- 24 Avoid MSC; Worst vacation ever!
- 25 Alaska cruise excursions tips & logistics help