My family (7 members) and I are planning a Royal Caribbean 14 night Italian Mediterranean Cruise Trip in the coming week. The cruise sails from Southampton England and returns to Southampton England, for which I acquired a UK visa. However, I do not have a schengen visa. The vessel will be docking at the following ports in the schengen region: Nice, Rome, Florence, Malaga and Lisbon.
The last time I took a cruise trip with Royal Caribbean, our cruise sailed from SIngapore, docked at Penang and Langkawi, and returned to Singapore. At the time, I was granted Singaporean visa but not Malaysian. The vessel authorities took our passports on arrival and kept them till the end of the journey. I was able to visit Penang and Langkawi both, without my passport in hand and without the Malaysian visa.
Therefore, I was wondering if the same case applies to cruises in Europe? Can I get off at European ports, given I will not have my passport with me? I called royal caribbean's visa center but they weren't sure of the policy for non-US and non-Canadian citizens. My entire family holds US passports, including my husband and daughter, except me. It would be great if someone with similar experience could guide me.
(The bookings and tickets have been paid for) #RoyalCaribbean #Schengen #Europe #Italianmediterranean
Recent ActivityView all Cruises activity »
- 1 Westminster Classic Tours??
- 2 SICKNESS ON VIKING!
- 3 Cruise parking, Fort Lauderdale
- 4 Miami Cruise Port Parking Recommendations
- 5 Booking directly with cruise line or through an agency?
- 6 Grand Princess Returns to Port for Repairs
- 7 Stay away from Cruise,com and cruisesonly.com
- 8 Baltic Cruise Itinerary Question
- 9 Need tour help for Diamond Princess roundtrip from Singapore itinerary
- 10 Shore Excursions in Juneau
- 11 What to pack South America
- 12 Best Luxury Cruise to Greek Islands?
- 13 Cruisewear on Princess
- 14 Cruise facts
- 15 Santiago to Buenos Aires on the Sun in March 2016.
- 16 Antarctica-Expedition-Feb.2017-By OneOcean-
- 17 Quiet in the Forum
- 18 Trip report. Our cruise on the Diamond Princess with a stay in Tokyo
- 19 Viking handles Elbe low water badly
- 20 What is "roll call" on Cruise Critic?
- 21 Anyone had problems with Affordable Tours?
- 22 What to wear onboard Zaandam from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
- 23 Royal Princess 21 Days western Mediterranean and Greek Isles
- 24 Would you live on a cruise ship year round?
- 25 inoculations